Any Ernst Fans?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There was a completely random, and unusual mention of Jim Varney on America's Most Wanted tonight, that took me completely by surprise.

Basically, a woman, who believes she caught a glimpse of a suspect in the murder of a family (killing the parents, then abducting their little girl and killing her too); after years, she had trouble remembering exactly what the suspect looked like, until she saw Mike Rowe on TV one day... she then also likened the suspect to Jim Varney, mentioning the suspect having a long, narrow face, and wearing a baseball cap (ala Mike Rowe, and Jim Varney).

Shocking.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
There was a completely random, and unusual mention of Jim Varney on America's Most Wanted tonight, that took me completely by surprise.

Basically, a woman, who believes she caught a glimpse of a suspect in the murder of a family (killing the parents, then abducting their little girl and killing her too); after years, she had trouble remembering exactly what the suspect looked like, until she saw Mike Rowe on TV one day... she then also likened the suspect to Jim Varney, mentioning the suspect having a long, narrow face, and wearing a baseball cap (ala Mike Rowe, and Jim Varney).

Shocking.
Shocking indeed Snowth.

But it's been proven that descriptions of what suspects look like from eyewitnesses are notoriously unreliable. I've heard that in most cases when police line up some suspects for somebody to identify often they'll pick the wrong man, even if the guilty party actually is present.

Now that's really scary. :eek:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Are you guys up for the ULTIMATE practical joke? :excited:

Do you have access to the computers of friends, coworkers, etc? Well, here's what you can do: when they're not looking, or if they're away from their computer for an extended amount of time, you can sneak on and replace their wallpapers with THIS! ! !

Can you just imagine turning on your computer, and being met with "HEY VERN! I'M ON YOUR DESKTOP, KNOWWHUTIMEAN?"

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, I got the "Hey Vern It's Ernest" DVD today. I don't know whether it was restored or not... It's almost like watching a 1980s video, but it could just be me (but I'm not complaining about that).

Yorick

Reaction score
Well, I got the "Hey Vern It's Ernest" DVD today. I don't know whether it was restored or not... It's almost like watching a 1980s video, but it could just be me (but I'm not complaining about that).
Very cool that you got it! I was checking amazon not too long ago (after hearing the great news that it was coming out) and didn't see it listed, but looks like it's time for me to look into it again, because I definitely want to own this - no question.

BoomerangFish

Reaction score
My father met Jim Varney in the 80s somewhere in America... presumably in Los Angeles as my dad traveled there often. My father passed 5 years ago so I don't exactly recall the story. I do know he got a photograph taken with him.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My father met Jim Varney in the 80s somewhere in America... presumably in Los Angeles as my dad traveled there often. My father passed 5 years ago so I don't exactly recall the story. I do know he got a photograph taken with him.
Do you have the photograph that maybe you can scan and share with us?

Either way, man, I would've been like "I SHOULD'VE GONE WITH YOOOOOU!" lol.

BoomerangFish

Reaction score
Yeah this thread prompted me to email my sister (she lives in America) and ask her to look for that photo. She has many of my father's things, so hopefully she'll reply. :smile: