Any Ernst Fans?

BoomerangFish

Reaction score
I just checked my email and she said she would look for it, as she thinks she recalls the photo in question. She said she also just recently found one of dad with "Adam West at a car show" hahaha

Yorick

Reaction score
I just checked my email and she said she would look for it, as she thinks she recalls the photo in question. She said she also just recently found one of dad with "Adam West at a car show" hahaha
That is great your dad got his photo with Jim Varney, and thank you for trying to help us see the photo, I appreciate it!

Also cool about the photo of your dad with Adam West - I bet the car show featured the Batmobile :smile:

And last but not least, I like how you're in NZ and your MC name is based on the BoomerangFish of LZ! :smile: LZ is a great Muppet!

BoomerangFish

Reaction score
ha! Thanks... yeah all the other names I wanted were taken... but I knew I wanted something to do with Lew... and the fish immediately popped into my head. :wink:

I have always loved that character... so completely bizarre. I guess Henson amalgamated Aussies and Kiwis at bit with the character... totally love how weird he is.

No response from my sister about the photo, though she did say she would look thru them. We don't get on very well, so I didnt expect her to say much. :wink:

Yorick

Reaction score
Lew Zealand

I love how very very often Lew wants folks to see him throw his Boomerang Fish! Hilarious, and yes, Lew Zealand is delightfully full of his own unique character, and somehow, no matter how zany he is, he seems like he has a good heart and is a trustworthy fellow :smile:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSyxUAlbDRw

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder if despite Vern's bitterness towards Ernest, if Ernest actually prolonged Vern's life? It's clear in several commercials that Vern apparently doesn't take very good care of him: Ernest had to pull out of oneVern's teeth, he's made countless efforts to get Vern to drink diet colas and skim milk, he did an anti-smoking PSA to get Vern to give up cigarettes, he did a don't drink and drive PSA offering to drive a drunk Vern home (after he kept trying to unlock the wrong car), etc.

Onething you can say about Ernest, his intentions are always earnest.

Yorick

Reaction score
Good point D'Snowth! I never thought of that! Though Ernest did tease Vern sometimes:

1. "I like your little bear!" (I might not be saying it exact, but Vern had a teddy bear) and then Ernest has a good laugh about that!

2. "I bet you'd like Mello Yello right now! I just bet you would!" (I might not be saying that exact either, but Vern was working hard on a roof in the sun and Ernest wouldn't let him have any of the Mello Yello soda!)

And a visitor from space that looked like Ernest introduced himself by saying something like, "People of Earth, and Vernon..." :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score

Yorick

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing those vids! The ones I mentioned that you found are some of my favorites (the Mello Yello one makes me laugh every time)! And the ones you posted are new to me, and great as well - I got a good chuckle out of those! Thanks!