Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 40

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I just wonder if this is a sign of things to come, maybe slowly Kermit will be coming back to the Street.

BeckyDR

Reaction score
El Conde: gracias :smile: I was actually just asking that question to anybody who had seen the episode, since I am at work and could not see it, but thanks anyway :smile:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Seems like they either waited for this year, or they had some sort of rights hold up with Kermit. Seems that if it is indeed a new, exclusive cameo, they paid a pretty penny for it.
Yes, this is indeed the first time Kermit has appeared on Sesame Street in a new segment since Disney bought the Muppet Show characters in 2004. It's great to see that Disney allowed this to happen under any circumstances.

It would be wonderful to see Kermit appear on Sesame Street more often, but this is likely a very special occurrence in honor of the show's 40th anniversary. However, I'm sure Disney and Sesame Workshop will be watching closely the kind of response Kermit receives.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I could easily tell right at the beginning that there'd be a reference to "Follow that bird", and I thought it was wonderful. The Abby's flying fairy school segment was unbelievable! I thought it was hilarious! I think the number segment was appropriate for the show, since it is the 40th season of the show!

BeckyDR

Reaction score
I could easily tell right at the beginning that there'd be a reference to "Follow that bird", and I thought it was wonderful. The Abby's flying fairy school segment was unbelievable! I thought it was hilarious! I think the number segment was appropriate for the show, since it is the 40th season of the show!
and what was/were the number segment(s)?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Kermit! Kermit! Kermit! KERMIT! ! ! That was AWESOME! What a GREAT Happy Birthday to the Street! I loved the Street story and seeing Kermit. Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures was awesome too! I'm not a huge fan of this new block format at all... it seems like it leaves very little room for inserts and stuff. *shrug* We'll have to see. But either way, this was a fantastic episode and it's been an absolutely wonderful 40th Anniversary for Sesame Street! :wisdom:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just wonder if this is a sign of things to come, maybe slowly Kermit will be coming back to the Street.
In response to that and what Phillip said, I'm sure that there was a lot of haggling on the part of SW and Disney. It could very well just be a special occurrence, or it could very well just be a sign of negotiations to come. I don't expect anything major. But consider that Disney has been handling SW's Kermit situation well, and they could have just as easily forced SW to surgical remove any reference and appearance of Kermit, like in the case of Emmit Otter.

That said, I wouldn't expect an Elmo's World about Pigs to mention/reference Miss Piggy nor would I think they would Fozzie for Bears or Rowlf for Dogs... but if you make a Frogs segment and don't reference Kermit in some way, that's kinda cheap. Unlike the others, he was integral to the show for years. But that's all I was expecting. A reference. A couple bars of "It's not Easy Bein' Green," a silent clip played over the opening montage, saying one of his catchphrases, maybe a background Frog that sounds sorta like him... but I never expected them to actually bring him back on the show.

Psammeadboi

Reaction score
It was really nice to see and hear Frank Oz as Bert again in episode 4188, The Cowmonster Pair!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
OH MY GOD! ! !

KERMIT! ! !

THEY HAD KERMIT THE FROG ON SST TODAY! ! !

AND NOT IN AN PREVIOUSLY AIRED BIT EITHER, BUT AN ENTIRELY NEW APPEARANCE ALTOGETHER! ! !

*Dies*

I mean holy smoke, I was fast-forwarding through the EW segment on my DVR, but when I saw Kermit, I immediately rewinded it to see Kermit talk about his "pad", that was so totally awesome!

I'm not going to share too many of my thoughts here, because I don't want to repeat myself, but Prawnie did ask me to do a review of this week's new episodes for the Muppet Mindset, so you can read my thoughts there.

BeckyDR

Reaction score
I'm not going to share too many of my thoughts here, because I don't want to repeat myself, but Prawnie did ask me to do a review of this week's new episodes for the Muppet Mindset, so you can read my thoughts there.
we can't read your thoughts there if you don't give us a link :stick_out_tongue: j/k (I know a lot of people probably know where to go, but some people don't)