Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 40

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
The Murray was clearly reused, but they did seem to listen to what I said a while back... cut the stuff about the guessing game. They did that.
Yeah. I was wondering about that, but I'm glad they're cutting it short now. I thought that segment dragged on for too long before, so having Murray guess the school right away is an improvement. Though I don't know why they still need that segment at all, seems like Murray does enough on the show already.

Yep, that was Frank Oz!
I had a feeling that was Frank since the guy sounded like :attitude:. So he did the mad man and Bert, today's ep must have been a busy one for him. It's nice that we saw the real Bert & Ernie today rather than the 'Great Adventures' claymation version, I wasn't too fond of the animated Cookie Monster though.

As for my comments on the street scene, I thought that was a little weak compared to the last ep, but I did like Luis singing about everything. What TV show was that referencing anyway? I was sort of disappointed that Oscar didn't show up when Telly and Elmo found the racoon by his can.

Now, I probably won't see the next few eps because I'll be away, but keep my updated in case anything exciting happens this season. BTW, thanks to Antsam for putting up the link for that You Tube clip with Kermit on Elmo's World, now I don't have to wait for the rerun. Lol.

alizakaila

Reaction score
thursday's episode-repeat

a repeat of tuesday's episode. Can't they show new ones instead of repeating one that just aired? Considering the fact that the season started later than in the past and there have only been reruns on for such a long time

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hate to say this and i'm not suggesting this was actually the case but the end result is the show feels like Joey taking advantage of his promotion to head writer and trying to use this new format to force his character into Elmo-level stardom.
I see what you're getting at... but something tells me one of 2 things... one, they're trying to get insanely experimental with the materials to try to bring more life into the show (something they've done countless times since as far back as the 90's) or 2, Murray hosting the show is a LOT cheaper than having any of the actors come in and perform new skits. Again, budget. And it really does seem pencil thin, when you rewatch the "Cowmonster Pair" segment. We had, what, 5 other puppeteers for Bo Peep and the Animals? And ones that were available that day? Plus, only 2 human actors. No Kids, no other characters, not even Oscar in his OWN trashcan.

Edit:
a repeat of tuesday's episode. Can't they show new ones instead of repeating one that just aired? Considering the fact that the season started later than in the past and there have only been reruns on for such a long time
It SHOULD be episode 4189, where Baby Bear learns about Bees. That's according to both Muppet Wiki and my local listings. I'll check it out in a half hour when it starts, though....

Drtooth

Reaction score
Quote of the episode :"I've heard all the Bee Propaganda before!"- Baby Bear.

Well, we got some older footage in the show... unfortunately it wasn't really great stuff... Alphaboy's foot tickling, The Count's favorite song about six, and Dancers dancing to an obvious knockoff of "Linus and Lucy" with Big Bird's narration. Not really great stuff, but we're getting there. Though in the 40 years of footage they had, they couldn't come up with anything better than Alphaboy for "F?"

The street story was a delight. Especially with me and my giant rational fear of bees which causes me to act irrationally. Baby Bear coloring flowers with Alligator King Crayons (All those years of Where's Waldo paid off, I don't think anyone would have spotted that without multiple viewings)... Abby's trouble with her cellular wand, complaining about her Friends and Fairies plan. And of course the Joe Pesci-esque bee bossing them around.

Another good, albeit long Abby's Fairy Flying School... Did that Genie sound a little like a Johnathan Harris impersonation to anyone else? I hope this generates merchandise... I want a Blogg figure/plush.

Ernie and Bert's Great Adventure about the plants... did that remind anyone else of the Dom Deluise Muppet Show sketch about the Adopt a Monster foundation? Every time Bert had to yodel to the Austrian plant, all I could think of was DOm frantically crooning "Ain't She Sweet?" while trying to take care of the others.

And a boring film/song about kids dancing like bees and a rerun Elmo's World about Skin...

After three days of the format, I'm slowly getting tolerant to it... not liking it, tolerating it. I LOVE Murray, and I think he's the best thing to hits SS in years, and I think we can have some of what he does... just not the whole Saturday Morning TV host bit. And after three days, I'm just gonna come out and say it... it feels more like we're watching an international Co-Production of the show than anything else. Though I do like the "Bring Out Your F" bit... Wonder if that's any reference to Monty Python's Bring Out your dead bit from Holy Grail.

MuppetManAZ

Reaction score
Another good, albeit long Abby's Fairy Flying School... Did that Genie sound a little like a Johnathan Harris impersonation to anyone else? I hope this generates merchandise... I want a Blogg figure/plush.

That was my exact thought the first time I saw an episode — I want a Blogg plush!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hey guys... Looks like I'll be depending on this thread and the Wiki for Season 40. Just got the bad news that it's Daylight Savings Time's fault Sesame's not in the current schedule. This is why I've long said that DST should be reversed from Fall Back/Spring Forward to Spring Back/Fall Forward.
It would be much better if we just didn't do DST at all... it's SO pointless!

Dang, how did so many people ziffel me in such a short time? !

Oscarfan

Reaction score
My thoughts on #4188:

The street plot was nice! Kind of long though. I loved the Canadian moose and Luis' assorted songs. Telly wasn't all that funny in this one.

Format-wise,t his episode was more loose that the previous ones. I loved the Man Men sketch and Ernie's Dinger song! While it's nice that Murray's lamb segment was cut short, it kind of defeats the purpose of it. That animated Cookie thing was weird.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Question - who's doing the new episode information on the Wiki at the moment? Not to be a nitpicker, but there's some slight discrepancies with the episode titles.