Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 40

goshposh

Reaction score
I dont know if this has been addressed yet but I dont like the new mini Zoe. It looks like she shrunk in the wash.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That animated Cookie thing was weird.
That? It's from Sesame English... or at least a series of animations used for Sesame English Here's an example of a Grover segment

There's a couple of things I forgot to mention about yesterday's episode:

Really should have been Telly and baby bear as the Cowboys, but I guess they just wanted another monster... would have been so much funnier has it been Baby Bear...

My (now adult age) sister literally made me watch Sex and the City all Summer Long, and I have to admit, I didn't hate it... and for that reason I busted a gut when she talked about a Pir of Shoes...

And I really dug that weird talking Salt and Peper shaker bit... somehow they sounded like the Vegitales guys... at least the French Pepper...

alizakaila

Reaction score
another repeat

WLIW showed a repeat of cowmonster pair. I understand that some stations show reruns but they should catch up to everyone else.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I get WLIW and their schedule is odd. Isn't of the regularly scheduled show or the previous day's show, it plays the show that was scheduled to air two days earlier. Example: If #4199 airs on Monday, WLIW won't air it until Wednesday.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Today's episode had Murray Has a Little Lamb, the karate school one, and it cut out the guessing sequence, going straight to school.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Today's episode had Murray Has a Little Lamb, the karate school one, and it cut out the guessing sequence, going straight to school.
They already aired another one, Irish Dancing school, with the guessing cut as well, and there is a subtle edit in the segments theme song... seems the bridge/segway was new filmed footage for them to make old footage look new and to cut a good 2 minutes out of the segment. And it seems to alternate with Ernie and Bert's Great Adventures too... I can almost see Abby's segment alternating next year, if they so wish to still use it.

Anyway, guess I would have liked today's episode more if I liked Jimmy Fallon, which I do not. Is he supposed to be a parody of something? Oh, and Big Bird was in 2 segments... the opening for a brief bit and that d-Dance thing. Really not a totally interesting episode. And if there was any "hidden gems" they either moved too fast or were too blurred out. I suspect Lila's tomato basket said something, but I couldn't read it... and it seems that a sales ad was taped to a bulletin board outside Hoopers... It could have said something, but I just can't read something in a split second.

Abby's Fairy School was rife with 1980's movie references, and again Blogg has the best lines and scenes in the episode... "Come on, Gonnigan! Cut it footloose, Stomp the yard! Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo." And...

uh... old segment with Miles doing the backwards/forwards dance, 5 rockets land on Mars... and some cute but boring song about kids taking off their shoes... but it had celebrity cameos... I wish they just did an old song like they used to (Monster in the Mirror, Dance Myself to Sleep and the like)...Ricky Gervais was there.. I wanna say Ziggy Marley sang it, since it sort of sounded like him, but I can't be too sure.

And Elmo's World: Help... which we've seen.

4 episodes in, and NO Oscar... Cookie only appeared in that odd Sesame English skit and a non-speaking cameo in the first episode... and the only Ernie and Bert are clay adventures or old puppet footage.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So Miles didn't make a comeback?

See how much I've missed out last year?