Season 40 Hidden Gems

Drtooth

Reaction score
Talk about hidden Gems.... this was a blink and you miss it instance....

On baby Bears box of Crayons, there's a large picture of the Alligator King holding a large crayon. Now, trust me when I say this is a blink and you miss it, and only in wide screen type deal. It was only really visible at the end of the street segment, and even then, it was something you could only see for 2 seconds and only if you watch this in widescreen... it was shown earlier, but it was at an angle and out of focus, so you really couldn't tell.

Rendal

Reaction score
Cow Monster Pair Hidden Gem

Anyone find the hidden gem in "Cow Monster Pair"?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I saw a behind-the-scenes pic on the Wiki of Paul Rugg performing Roosevelt Franklin... does that mean RF will be making a cameo this season as well?

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
It wasn't really "hidden" of course, but I'm sure Kermit the Frog's appearance on the Elmo's World segment of the first episode would count for this. And I noticed Big Bird's suitcase too- that was great. I would hope China and Japan would all be on there too. Also, in the Elmo's World segment, when they were showing clips of frogs, there was a live action clip of a frog I recognized from one of the classic '70s songs about a little froggie swimming (can't remember the exact name right now, but I definitely recognized the clip).

dwmckim

Reaction score
I saw a behind-the-scenes pic on the Wiki of Paul Rugg performing Roosevelt Franklin... does that mean RF will be making a cameo this season as well?
I'd expect so - there's a reason the puppet would have been on set.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anyone find the hidden gem in "Cow Monster Pair"?
If there was one, it was really well hidden, probably out of focus, and it could have been even cropped off of wisescreen, if you're not watching it in WS in your area... again, with the King sized Crayons with the Alligator King, you could only really see it in WS... and it was barely covered up by the local PBS logo... I'm thinking each episode was intended to have one, but it could easily be just out of frame, blurry in the background, or maybe even edited for time. I'd need to watch it again...

Also, in the Elmo's World segment, when they were showing clips of frogs, there was a live action clip of a frog I recognized from one of the classic '70s songs about a little froggie swimming (can't remember the exact name right now, but I definitely recognized the clip).
It's a Long Hard Climb? Yeah... that was it. Don't know if that was an intended gem or not, since it was cheaper to use old footage anyway. And I still count the Grover Camp Wannagohoma E-mail as a gem...

Rendal

Reaction score
Cowmonster Pair Hidden Gem

I think I caught it. In the opening shot of Chris, Telly and Elmo in Hoopers Store, on the right hand side of the screen in the backround. There were pictures on the wall. I think one was I think David, and perhaps the other propritors of Hoopers. Just a thought.

Craig

unclematt

Reaction score
I think I caught it. In the opening shot of Chris, Telly and Elmo in Hoopers Store, on the right hand side of the screen in the backround. There were pictures on the wall. I think one was I think David, and perhaps the other propritors of Hoopers. Just a thought.

Craig
If that is true that would be awesome.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
In one episode, it seems that there's a nod to Richard Hunt and Placido Flamingo. In one scene we see Nitya Vidyasagar, as Leela, reading a biography of Placido Flamingo - penned by Hunt.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Wow- the pictures in Hooper's Store and the Placido Flamingo book- awesome!:smile: