New Video: Muppet Bohemian Rhapsody!

ohtherain

Reaction score
Hit me if im worng

but dont they still have the bear show at Disney Studios in florida
You have been hit. The new Playhouse Disney shows have taken over; that is Handy Manny, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, My Friends Tigger and Pooh, and Little Einsteins.

Anyways Bohemian Rhapsody is fantastic! Best thing since MCC! And I love the way Mahna Mahna drops out at the end, then the Snowths go down, and come right back up!

Beauregard

Reaction score
1) They're Frackles, a group of Muppets who first appeared in The Great Santa Claus Switch, but I don't know their names. In the 80s the word Frackle was used (in a slightly changed form) to name a new group of Muppets: The Fraggles.
One of them is Mo Frackle, I believe...

Rax

Reaction score
as for singing off key its never really bothered me i mean just listen to piggy
Doesn't bother me either. Piggy has always been singing off key, even when Richard Hunt performed her. Same goes for Gonzo etc. But characters like Janice, Floyd, and Scooter have always had beautiful singing voices. So like I said, it's not singing off key what's bothering me, but it'd be a pity when characters like Floyd or Janice would be singing off key. :wink:

Gr, Rax

Drtooth

Reaction score
Thoughs about "Mama"

I agree that this did drag... but I just thought off something. I wonder if Animal's calling out for his mother (which seems completely coincidental and was clearly meant to be) is some sort of reference to "A Case of the Missing Mother." The second time I watched it, that's what popped into my mind.

Well what's strange is Disney has done absolutely *nada* with the Bear brand, and essentially killed it and put it in the archives.
A real shame too. I didn't fully appreciate Bear when I first heard of it... but once I got a good look, all i could say is... WOW! Truely, it is an underrated kid's show. I really wish they'd at least rerun it instead of the same old Dora module of educational TV (trying to make it interactive). That's one of the 2 problems I have with Diz's ownership... that and problems with Henson's use of Kermit in older projects. Other than that, I'm a fan.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I actually saw this for the first time today. I had no idea the Muppets were doing a cover of Queen's Bohemian.

With that being said, I give this an A+. My favorite part was Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem rocking out. And I do like the new digs on their clothes.

However, after reading this entire topic, I found something I didn't agree with:

To ANYONE whos says "let the muppets die", "the Muppet magic is gone", "we should just focus on memories of the past", "the Muppets died with Jim Henson"...to those people, YOU are not a REAL Muppet fan.
That's a harsh statement. I hate it when people say stupid stuff like "you're not a fan", etc. etc. I read that bashing all the time on NFL football message boards where people who disagree with the team they root for are labeled "not a fan" just because they're tired of seeing something they enjoy watching not do anything. Until recently, the muppets haven't been doing anything to spark the interest of people. Most people who were fans didn't think the muppets would ever come back to what they were in the 70's and 80's. But this video, with all the creativity that was put forth in it, did show everyone what the muppets are about and showed that muppet magic that hasn't been shown in a good twenty years.

beaker

Reaction score
A real shame too. I didn't fully appreciate Bear when I first heard of it... but once I got a good look, all i could say is... WOW! Truely, it is an underrated kid's show. I really wish they'd at least rerun it instead of the same old Dora module of educational TV (trying to make it interactive). That's one of the 2 problems I have with Diz's ownership... that and problems with Henson's use of Kermit in older projects. Other than that, I'm a fan.
Oh I just fell in love with the characters...man I remember discovering Bear in 1997, and just being like "wow, JHC has really done something special here". By 1998/1999 I was a huge fan, and was ranting on the old Muppet Central delphi forums how everyone whose a Henson/Muppet fan *needs* to see this.
Bear, Treelo, Tutter, Pip and Pop, Ojo...just amazing characters, good chemistry. A show that didnt talk down to kids/pander to idiocy as Barney, Teletubbies, etc were doing at the time.

My *only* issue was we weren't seeing the characters in the real world, something Breakfast With Bear remedied but was short lived.

For such an amazing show and character that truly resonated with both kids and parents alike, and made a lot of money on dvd and merch sales...WHY Disney has pretty much buried the franchise(even as you said, from standard repeats) is bizarre and uncalled for.

I said it a decade ago, and I'll say it now: Bear in the Big Blue House has taken its rightful place as the third flagship franchise under the Muppets and Sesame Street...until Fraggle Rock has a legitimate comeback in some form.

beaker

Reaction score
That's a harsh statement. I hate it when people say stupid stuff like "you're not a fan", etc. etc. I read that bashing all the time on NFL football message boards where people who disagree with the team they root for are labeled "not a fan" just because they're tired of seeing something they enjoy watching not do anything. Until recently, the muppets haven't been doing anything to spark the interest of people. Most people who were fans didn't think the muppets would ever come back to what they were in the 70's and 80's. But this video, with all the creativity that was put forth in it, did show everyone what the muppets are about and showed that muppet magic that hasn't been shown in a good twenty years.
My point was, given the Muppets recent exploits(Muppets.com sketches, Muppets Take Over Today, Bohemian Rhapsody, All the other Youtube videos, LTS, etc) how can people say the Muppets should be put in an archive wherehouse and Disney should just focus on The Muppet Show/classic shows?
We've been seeing since last year time and time again that the old Muppet magic chemistry/timing/timelyness is back as ever...and Bohemian Rhapsody I feel sealed the deal.

Now ok...if there's a dedicated fan community to say, the 1980's cartoon Gummi Bears...and Disney made a short lived really horrible "updated" hip new version, ok...I can see people saying "they should stick to the old reruns".

But Jim Henson intended the Muppets to be around forever. I don't see this obsession people have with the 1970's Muppet Show era as the be all end all. I celebrate the 1950's, 60's, 80's, 90's, 2000's and soon the 2010's as much as I love the Muppet Show/Muppet Movie/Land of Gorch 70's era.

The sports analogy I understand, however time and time again
a team is in name only. When a team has absolutely none of the players/coaching or any of the framework it had during whatever magical hey day it had...it's hard to see fans being as jazzed and it ends up being a purely city loyalty thing.
Im in Sacramento, and nothing was more exciting to me in sports than seeing the Sacramento Kings 1999-2002 period, but now there's really no connection between that period and the modern team. Same with the modern day Bulls. A team like the Yankees is different, as they have the money to retain a big winning team
and never ending spiritual successor/continuation to the past.