USPS offers Kermit Cancellation Postmark

Kermieuk

Reaction score
According to the MuppetsStudios twitter page, there is going to be a special announcement Tues 12/1 from the Muppets and United States Postal Service... ?

Wonder what this can be?

New Xmas stamps?

Stationary sets, etc?

We'll have to find out tomorrow?

Chris

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I'm going to assume it has something to do with the song "Delivering Christmas" from Letters to Santa... but who knows? I've been wrong many times before. :stick_out_tongue: Still, very exciting!

dwmckim

Reaction score
Yeah - that got my mind whirring when i saw it too...

There's already been Muppet stamps...if that hadn't previously happened, that would have been my first guess.

The USPS has been selling the cd with Delivering Christmas on it for at least a couple weeks now so if that was it, it seems kind of odd/late for an announcement about that...unless it was going to be a single (benefitting the USPS) - and how cool would that be to have TWO singles with the Muppets on them out at the same time from two different projects?

My guess (and hope) is that Muppets are teaming up with USPS for a new line of USPS related products similar to that HUGE Loony Tunes marketing blitz from years ago.

dwmckim

Reaction score
For those who can't wait til the official announcement...

This year's holiday cancellation stamp will be of Kermit holding a "Muppets Christmas Letters to Santa" sign!

Drtooth

Reaction score
They've had a lot of licensed cancellation stamps (i.e. the rubber inked seal that post offices put on top of the actual postal stamp) lately... I've seen Shrek, Horton Hears a Who and other things like that.

Shame they don't have any postage stamps... I'm still disappointed I missed out on those... and the Star Wars one... and probably going to miss out on the Simpsons ones.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:attitude: Disney has provided Americans with Kermit in every mailbox. I don't know how much more of a US push they could make! :flirt:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
:attitude: Disney has provided Americans with Kermit in every mailbox. I don't know how much more of a US push they could make! :flirt:
Well... they could provide him on every Starbucks coffee cup. That would certainly catch the American attention. :halo:

(Thank goodness they're not doing that.)

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know, I wonder if anyone who doesn't quite know postal terms would feel that this announcement is anti-climactic.