Fraggle Rock Event!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Also, keep going though the video playlist, you can clearly hear Karen/Red in some of the videos (like the one with Shanna Moakler)!
Those videos remind me why I'll never be a celebrity photojournalist... I would have spent a LOT more time on the camera with Red Fraggle than any of those people. I mean, you can see them any old time. This is Red Fraggle. It's not like you see her every day, unless you have the DVD box sets. Ah well... it's good publicity and a nice push into the public eye to ever get this film off the ground.

Now if only the remaining four would be there, then that would really be something!
The question is... are they built yet?

beaker

Reaction score
Wow, a whole Fraggle event? Sweeet....
http://coryscuriosities.blogspot.com/

Wonder if there were any real hardcore fans there, besides prell and JHC staff there however.

Now, this is good...second time we've seen Red in the modern era next to last year's San Diego Comic Con...so thar be hope yet! If only they had filmed that Red short they were planning on doing.

I know you want more info on the movie, but I can't give you any yet. But things are happening. I am encouraged and excited by some new progress and hopefully I will be able to give you a big announcement here very soon. But that's all I can say.
...we shall see...

beaker

Reaction score
Ugh, I couldn't watch more than a few seconds of that youtube party footage...what with the endless "chugga chugga" music, fake breasts/lips galore, epileptic flashing cameras and general TMZ.com celebrity worship. *really dislikes TMZ/ET/celebrity worship culture*

Drtooth

Reaction score
I know you want more info on the movie, but I can't give you any yet. But things are happening. I am encouraged and excited by some new progress and hopefully I will be able to give you a big announcement here very soon. But that's all I can say.
I don't want to be the fan that loses hope he usually dislikes, but this really is starting to sound like that episode of Seinfeld where they promise to keep Babu in the country and they keep saying "The Wheel are in motion. Things are happening" and nothing good came out of it. I know it's not his fault, and I can't blame him for trying to keep us hopeful... but unless something happens soon, I'm thinking this will be in development purgatory for years before it gets tossed away completely.

Ugh, I couldn't watch more than a few seconds of that youtube party footage...what with the endless "chugga chugga" music, fake breasts/lips galore, epileptic flashing cameras and general TMZ.com celebrity worship. *really dislikes TMZ/ET/celebrity worship culture*
Yeah... Seems that most of them have NO CLUE who Red is, and they're just there because of A) it's charity and it gives them good P.P. (I like Ziggy Marley, though) and B) fashion. Fashion fashion fashion 50 dollar t-shirts! :batty:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I think there's hope. They wouldn't be bothering with all this if they had no intentions of actually doing the movie. I can see they're trying to put the Fraggles back out there before doing anything. It's like how Disney is using celebrity spots and youtube to get the Muppets out there before working on the movie. When you've let a franchise starve, you have to feed it slowly or it'll die for sure. Learned that in nursing :stick_out_tongue:

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
Yeah... Seems that most of them have NO CLUE who Red is, and they're just there because of A) it's charity and it gives them good P.P. (I like Ziggy Marley, though) and B) fashion. Fashion fashion fashion 50 dollar t-shirts! :batty:
Maybe they didn't! BUT. They do now if they didn't. I think us as fans need to stop thumbing our nose at everything we get! We are only seeing a small part of whats to come. This is the start, not the end! I was excited to even just see Red! :excited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think there's hope. They wouldn't be bothering with all this if they had no intentions of actually doing the movie. I can see they're trying to put the Fraggles back out there before doing anything. It's like how Disney is using celebrity spots and youtube to get the Muppets out there before working on the movie. When you've let a franchise starve, you have to feed it slowly or it'll die for sure. Learned that in nursing :stick_out_tongue:
That's what I believe... or rather what I want to believe. Any publicity is good publicity, wemblyfraggle stated that good enough for me. This film NEEDS a major push. it seems if any progress is happening it's a snail's pace. They have basically from now till 2012 to get this film out for it to still works for the kids who grew up with this show and their kids... time is running out, and I think we need to get somewhere fast.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I would hope, if they do a youtube push, they won't just stick with Matt. It just occurred to me ... well, I guess if the main plot is about rescuing a Space-trapped Matt, then maybe having Matt segments wouldn't be such a bad idea. In fact, it could be very well brilliant, as we could see him progress through his travels up until the movie's main plot. Hmm ... now I'm of two minds about it. *sigh*

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well... as far as Matt goes, I could see him the subject of youtube videos similar to the Muppet Studios ones... mainly because he's the one who routinely has contact with silly creatures. I could just imagine him making video postcards to Gobo of all the new things silly creatures are fascinated with 20 years later.

But I would also love to see new, smaller FR skits made specifically for YT as well. New songs, new bits... maybe a skit about them discovering a video camers or something, and just experimenting with it...

There's just so much they can do with it. I mean, JHC has an official page now...least they could do is put "Fraggles look for jobs" up themselves.

beaker

Reaction score
I don't want to be the fan that loses hope he usually dislikes, but this really is starting to sound like that episode of Seinfeld where they promise to keep Babu in the country and they keep saying "The Wheel are in motion. Things are happening" and nothing good came out of it. I know it's not his fault, and I can't blame him for trying to keep us hopeful... but unless something happens soon, I'm thinking this will be in development purgatory for years before it gets tossed away completely.

Yet so much of America's female population is OBSESSED with
this culture, this celebrity worship meme. I don't get...is America so hopeless with rampant joblessness, obesity, broken dreams and giving up goals that our only "high" is to live vicariously through the silver screen and "gorgeous" celebrities on tv? eeeesh.

Btw, Im not sure if that was Prell, I kept seeing a bald guy seeming to be operating Red. To me it doesnt matter, as much as I love that Prell still performs Red...just the fact there *was* a "fraggle rock party" makes me smile.

Personally I feel Fraggle Rock should have been sold off, but eh...least we now have every single Fraggle Rock live action and cartoon episode on dvd.

Btw, love the "wheels in motion" reference(*is a massive seinfeld nut*)