Top Annoying Misnaming People Do

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i gotta say one thing that i find annoying is how every Frog puppet has to be kermit even if it looks nothing like him

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
My dad and I were playing some quizzes last night, and we ended up coming across a few Muppet ones, including a quiz just about the Electric Mayhem. I can't believe that they actually said (not as an answer, but as a fun fact in between questions) that Janice was performed by Frank Oz. :stick_out_tongue:

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
This one isn't so much "Muppets" as "Classic Rock", but at a program some other teens and I were watching and voting on some Youtube viral videos, and my submission to the contest was the BoRhap video. Over half of them there admitted that they watched the Muppet movies as a kid, but only one boy and I knew the song. :stick_out_tongue:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
This one isn't so much "Muppets" as "Classic Rock", but at a program some other teens and I were watching and voting on some Youtube viral videos, and my submission to the contest was the BoRhap video. Over half of them there admitted that they watched the Muppet movies as a kid, but only one boy and I knew the song. :stick_out_tongue:
That's kind of funny cause just eariler today I was thinking about something like that too. I was thinking about how when I was young I honestly thought Muppet Christmas Carol and Treasure Island were original Muppet movies, :smile:. Course now I know better,

Super Scooter

Reaction score
That's kind of funny cause just eariler today I was thinking about something like that too. I was thinking about how when I was young I honestly thought Muppet Christmas Carol and Treasure Island were original Muppet movies, :smile:. Course now I know better,
Aren't they? They were movies originated by the Muppets, making them Muppet originals. :wink:

Minstrel Murray

Reaction score
There is something that annoys me, but I'm afraid I'm on the losing side of the debate. I don't understand why the Sesame Street Martians are called the Yip-Yips. Well, I understand it, but I think it's wrong. My argument is that I think the martians are saying "yep" and not "yip". Whenever they are affirming something they say "yep" and "uh-huh", and when they find that they are wrong they say "nope" and "uh-uh". Unfortunately, the name Yip-Yips has already been well established. That's even what they are called on the Sesame Street website. However, when they are actually being quoted, as in the recent 40th anniversary book, I want to see it written as "yep"!

Any thoughts? Am I the only one who cares?

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
A comment on The Muppet Studio YouTube page has a person, with a picture of Animal as their avatar no less, saying that thier favorite Muppet was 'Ganzo'. :concern:

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
I still don't get "Beeker".... Really... how can you mess up the word "Beak" anyway. That's like calling Gogo Fraggle "Goabow Fragggle."

It just doesn't make sense to me at all. I'd sooner see "Ralph the Dog" and "Fozzy" before I recognize anyone who calls him "Beeker."

That said, I could never get the chicken's name right... Camilla? Camella?
Yeah, I hate when people misspell Gobo Fraggle's name too, or...Gogo.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I once wore my Animal shirt to school and somebody thought it was Elmo. Um, no. Polar opposite of Elmo, bud.
That happened to me too. Some little kid thought I was wearing an Elmo shirt once. Wanna hear the worst part? Not only wasn't it Elmo, it wasn't even a Muppet completely. It was Mr. Potatohead from Toy Story.