Your Thoughts: The Muppets on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon"

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
It was a very nice appearance. I'm glad I taped it. Anyone know who preformed Robin? He didn't sound as dead-on as he did in Letters to Santa.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
It was rully great. The only thing is... Making us wait till the end of the show?

BTW: Is it a sign of the times when the only link between both versions is Gonzo still performed by Dave Goelz?

12 Days of Christmas:
A Christmas Together vs. Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.
1 John Denver - Jimmy Fallon.
2 Kermit (Jim Henson - Steve Whitmire).
3 Gonzo (Dave Goelz).
4 Robin the Frog (Jerry Nelson - Matt Vogel).
5 Miss Piggy (Frank Oz - Eric Jacobson).
6 Scooter (Richard Hunt - David Rudman).
7 Fozzie Bear (Frank Oz - Eric Jacobson).
8 Rowlf (Jim Henson - Bill Baretta).
9 Janice (Richard Hunt) replaced by Pepe the King Prawn (Bill Baretta).
10 Statler and Waldorf (Richard Hunt and Jim Henson) replaced by Sam the Eagle (originally Frank Oz, now Eric Jacobson).
11 Floyd Pepper (Jerry Nelson) replaced by Rizzo (Steve Whitmire).
12 Animal (Frank Oz - Eric Jacobson).

ploobis

Reaction score
I also kinda kept wondering why Pepe was wearing a dress, Even if his line was "Nine Ladies Dancing". :rolleyes:

TML

Reaction score
I refuse to say 1 negative thing about this. No "so and so sounded off" no "I wish blah blah would have shown up" NOTHING NEGATIVE! It was funny, I'm glad Robin, Scooter, and Rowlf are back. Rowlf sounded spot on and Scooter gets better everytime. Even Piggy has gotten more in character and less of just being a b _ _ _ _ all the time. It was great! Loved it.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Epically awesome, incredibly wonderful, absolutely PERFECT. I love each and every part of it. I can not WAIT to see what they do next. GO MUPPETS! You're rockin' the world, gang! :big_grin:

ploobis

Reaction score
I feel like Christmas just started with this amazing appearance! :smile:

A great Christmas gift for all of us Muppet Fans!

Muppetplus

Reaction score
I see they did an almost exact copy of the John Denver version. Nice to see that again! And poor Fozzie still can't remember his line! Robin's voice kind of bothered me, but otherwise, great to see!
And I'm sure that whoever is performing Robin now (Matt Vogel?) will get the hang of it soon.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Just saw this morning because I could not stay up that late since I have to work today (seriously on Christmas Eve, booooo)

Anyway, I loved it! It was full of Muppety goodness! And there was lots of Rowlf! And Fozzie was hilarious!

Total win, it just keeps getting better and better!

redraven

Reaction score
I enjoyed it a lot. I hadn't realized beforehand (somehow) that it was supposed to be in the style of John Denver & the Muppets, but I caught on really quickly and thought that it was plain fun.

I can hear the 'off' sound of Robin, but I'm sure it'll be resolved. I thought the Pepe in the dress was a bit...odd...but I'm not his biggest fan. I like the costuming on the Muppets, especially Gonzo's that is a definite call back to Christmas Carol. :concern: Rizzo's was too. :shifty: I thought it was awesome that the audience reacted to poor Fozzie messing up, and then getting his lines.

I'm just glad that is such a good showing of the Muppets.

All I have to say in conclusion is:
FIIIVE GOLDEN RIIINGS! (Ba dum dum dum.)