Dinosaurs movie

Yorick

Reaction score
Giving this it's own topic (in addition to mentioning it on an earlier thread):

When I read on the muppet wiki that there was supposed to be a Dinosaurs movie (and the way I took it was they meant a film based on the show, as opposed to the original idea Jim Henson had for a film prior to the show) I was thinking "oh how I wish they would still" because unless I am mistaken, all the voice actors are still with us, so it would be so great...I don't even care how low the budget has to be, or if it has to be straight to DVD - and I say this only because they may not expect a big turn out - "in a perfect world" (haha dinosaurs CD reference) it would be number one...just like the show is to me.

DrmaticEmphasis

Reaction score
God... I havent seen Dinosaurs since it was first running on TV... I would love for that to happen... was one of my favorite shows as a kid.

I'll have to dig up the DVDs... anyone know if they are on Netflix instant play?

Yorick

Reaction score
Thank you for the post!

I don't know re: netflix, but I promise you won't be sorry if you buy both sets as money becomes available - I did and am very happy with my purchase! :smile:

I wonder if the movie they planned was supposed to come out (and take place chronologically/story wise) after the last episode, or if it was going to be in theatres between the second and third season or something (while the show was still on, like the Simpsons movie).

Yorick

Reaction score
RedPiggy mentioned that Florence Stanley (Ethyl Phillips) has passed, I'm sorry to report. :frown:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
A movie would have to take place sometime during the series, since... ya know... everyone dies at the end of the show.

But, yes, a Dinosaurs movie would be very cool. And animatronics are at a point now where it could look better than CG!

Yorick

Reaction score
A movie would have to take place sometime during the series, since... ya know... everyone dies at the end of the show.
If only I could add "Spoliers" to the name of this thread now :smile:

Man, was that last episode one of the most surreal (and sad) scripted tv moments of all time! Just the strangest thing the first time you see it.

I know it was pretty clear that no life could thrive on the planet anymore, making the point that we must take care of our world, and how every species has it's place, etc.

It left a big impression on me, and I agree 100% with the environmental message, even though I wish there had been a less sad way to make their case! But even though they felt it makes the most impact as it is (and I can't argue), I always thought that once that point was made to that generation (since they don't play the re-runs anymore) they could have made a film the following year that somehow incorporates a solution. And knowing the fantastic writing on the show, they could have done it without it seeming far fetched (even though I can't imagine how, myself) and it would have continued the environmentalist message, while still having all the laughs and fun and music we expected from that fantastic show, Dinosaurs! :smile:

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
They should make a spoof on Jurassic Park, and have a scientist bring them back to life. Then make a joke to see Baby crying about no more ask Mr. Lizard, and then Fran says
"Sweetheart no show lasts 65 million years these days"

RedPiggy

Reaction score
LOL

Since JP (a franchise I ADORE) is so old, though, they'd most likely segue into anything that is being rebooted, since that is a major theme as of late. Parodies of Batman, Superman, Planet of the Apes ... puppetry-vs-CGI debates ... there's a LOT of story potential.

Heck, I'd settle for a webisode.