Weird Muppet News of the Day: Closed on Account of Kermit

dwmckim

Reaction score
Couldn't they have just used a Kermit "Letters From Santa" stamp instead?

------------------------
School cancelled after suspicious package, Muppet found

BOULDER COUNTY - A charter school in Lafayette cancelled classes for the day after a suspicious package was found Wednesday morning.

A spokesperson for the Boulder County Sheriff's Office says the suspicious package was found in the parking lot of Peak to Peak Charter School shortly after 7 a.m. Lafayette Police officers responded to the school along with the Boulder County Bomb Squad.

Deputies say a staff member spotted a large duffle bag with a Kermit the Frog stuffed animal lying on top of it. They say the Muppet doll had either blood or paint on it, so the staff member reported it as suspicious.

The Boulder Valley School District's spokesperson says about 200 students were already at the school when the suspicious package was found on the west side of the campus. The school was initially put under a lockdown and lockout, but classes were cancelled altogether shortly after 9 a.m.

School officials asked families whose children were not at school yet to stay home. Students who were already at school were taken to a safe location where they remained on lockdown.

Deputies cleared the school shortly before 10 a.m. and said parents and guardians were allowed to pick up their children. Click here for updates from the school's Web site.

The K-12 school is located at 800 Merlin Drive in the area of South Public Road and East South Boulder Road. Access to roads near the school was limited while authorities investigated the situation.

---------------------
Hope this doesn't lead to another school's banning "Meep"s. Or perhaps Lady Gaga style Kermit dresses?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Wow. What was the outcome?

... Is Kermit on another one of his rampant killing sprees?

:smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Reminds me of Grade 6 when we had a bomb threat at school, and they evacuated all of us to the basketball courts that were next door to the campus.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Wow. What was the outcome?

... Is Kermit on another one of his rampant killing sprees?

:smile:
Interestingly enough, all the news accounts i've found on this so far haven't yet said what the outcome is.

Scary thought: if that had happened at my school, i would have been in a heap o'trouble since everyone associated me with being The Muppet Fan on Campus and all the authorities would have targeted me as a suspect as i'm sure would be the case with any of us here if it happened in their school.

MWoO

Reaction score
How can you not tell if it was paint or blood.....seems to me the two are pretty easy to tell apart. And why put the kids on lock down?

I bet the reason no one is reporting the outcome is because it turned out to be nothing.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Or perhaps Lady Gaga style Kermit dresses?
Why would a school even have the need to ban that? I've seen some odd fashion fads, but why would anyone wear that at school? (Then again, we wear uniforms at our school, so...yeah...)