Muppet Snow White

GarlicGuy

Reaction score
I wassurprised with who the new 7th dwarf was. He's not originally from The Jim Henson Hour.....right? Someone give me the scoop.

Slackbot

Reaction score
He was in some dog food commercials back in the '60s. I hear he's buddies with the La Choy Dragon, who helped him land this spot in the comic.

GarlicGuy

Reaction score
He was in some dog food commercials back in the '60s. I hear he's buddies with the La Choy Dragon, who helped him land this spot in the comic.
Oh yeah, I remember the Purina commercials!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's what I'm thinking. There seemed to be a lot of the original concept that Muppets Studio suggested the writer into going a slightly different direction. Not meddled, not violated creative vision for... just suggested. However, Count.... there were a LOT more acts that auditioned... and for spoiler's sake....

Johnny and Sal
Mr. Poodlepants
Clifford (appeared in one pannel standing nest to the piano)
Angus the Gargling Gargoyle
Mahnah Mahnah
Marvin Suggs
The Jughuggers
Wayne and Wanda
Bobby Benson and 3 babies
Geri and the Atrics
Dead Tom

So, I'm guessing that something may just be up with the Jim Henson Hour characters, though I'm not sure what exactly the ownership policy on them is. Still wonder who the heck owns Beautiful Day myself.

I also vaguely remember that Animal was supposed to keep sneezing every so often. but I guess that was changed.

But those are basically trifles for me. I'm loving this series, possibly even more than King Arthur... and that was my favorite.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Drtooth. Can count on you and your insightful expertise in the field of animation/comics. :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
When I read that interview, I expected them to constantly audition new dwarves in each issue, finally selecting a new seventh dwarf in the very last issue.

Considering two very obscure characters (Lips and Spamela) have featured parts in this, could it be possible that Boom or Disney thought that was enough and wanted a more recognizable Muppet character as the new seventh dwarf?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
*laughs* I had so much fun looking at that page. Give me a background full of nifty stuff and I'll comb through it for Easter eggs. Here's the list I posted in another forum:

Fozzie Bear
Angus McGonagle, The Argyle Gargoyle (a very obscure Muppet)
Transformer
Babar
Ants in My Pants
A frog with Kermit-like pupils
Little Toot
Nerf gun
Mickey Mouse-like hand and foot
Ghost Monster
Millennium Falcon
Mr. Potato Head
Cootie
Woody (from Toy Story)
Tea set much like the one in Beauty and The Beast
Yellow Submarine
Donkey Kong
Slinky
Camilla the Chicken
Stretch Armstrong
Dr. Teeth
I saw what looked to be Weezey from Toy Story 2 and Hamm from all three Toy Story movies.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I read at the tough pigs forum that the third issue of Muppet Snow White came out today, but previews didn't make it online yet. Anybody see the latest issue?