RIP Muppet Newsflash?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm with you there, Jamie. Twitter should be a tool to tell people you've updated the main site. It shouldn't be the only thing you use to inform people. You alienate way too many fans that way. Honestly, he's posted some great stuff on Twitter that never made it to the site. I never understood why. *shrug*
Yeah, I just don't get twitter, but I do facebook. :embarrassed:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I don't really understand Twitter. I mean, what's the point? I like the idea of major companies being able to announce things quickly from it, as with the Henson Company and Muppet Studios, but otherwise... I guess I just don't get the point. I also don't understand the layout of twitter sites. It doesn't seem that the messages people post are very coherent, and the order in which messages are added doesn't make sense to me either. Of course, I don't have a twitter account, so maybe that makes a difference.

*sigh* I feel like an old man amongst my peers.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
*sigh* I feel like an old man amongst my peers.
So do I and I'm only 19!

With Twitter and all those la-de-dah social sites, it's like there trying (and succeeding)to replace REAL human contact! :attitude:

Back on subject, I never really got on MuppetNewsFlash all that much, but when I did it was always informative and always helped me get my facts straight as to what was really going on in the Muppet world. NOW I AM LOST! :eek:

Luke

Reaction score
looks like one of those search companies registered it the minute it ran out, they usually do that for domains that a lot of sites link too.

Big shame ... though its great to see more people starting Muppet blogs

zns

Reaction score
It's a shame how good things can come to an end. :sympathy:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Back on subject, I never really got on MuppetNewsFlash all that much, but when I did it was always informative and always helped me get my facts straight as to what was really going on in the Muppet world. NOW I AM LOST! :eek:
Don't be lost...in between the Newsflash's twitter feed, Muppetsstudio's twitter feed, toughpigs, mindset, this forum (and maybe my site a couple months down the road if my personal life gets back on track), you're covered.

...and if all that fails, you can always try Hare Krishna.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
If the Muppet News Flash really is gone for good, I consider that a Big Loss. Not only was the work second to none, but this would represent a severed connection to Disney, Sesame, and Henson. That's always a sad.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I agree with you on that one Steve. I ust hope we can get something like the newsflash up again. The Mindset is good, but they don't have Greg's connections. Some how I think between all of us we could fiuger out something to kind of get it or something like it back up.

My huge tff is that there where at least 4 to 5 interviews that me and Greg did of people around the Muppets/Henson/Sesame I feel that it was kind of the start of everyone else getting exited about doing interviews. I know that we could have done more, and I wanted to do more, but things happen. I tired to send Greg a note on facebook because the E=mail i have for him is the one for the newsflash. So if I can at least get a hold of the interviews i want to put them somewhere, ethier on here or on the mindset or something. I'm kicking myself now because I didn't save the interviews when Greg, E mailed them to me.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
looks like one of those search companies registered it the minute it ran out, they usually do that for domains that a lot of sites link too.

Big shame ... though its great to see more people starting Muppet blogs
They usually give many warnings (via snail mail, email and phone) when your host or domain is going to expire. This is what leads me to believe that Greg's just busy. It's almost his 5th year web-versary. I hope Newsflash comes back to us.

Also, I forgot to mention the wonderful work of the MuppetCast. Lengthy clips slow down my computer while working so I rarely tune into podcasts, but when I do it's always the fantastic MuppetCast! We're lucky to have so many great Muppet sites out there. Still, it wouldn't be complete without Newsflash!

I hope this gets sorted-out. :concern:

dwmckim

Reaction score
I agree with you on that one Steve. I ust hope we can get something like the newsflash up again. The Mindset is good, but they don't have Greg's connections. Some how I think between all of us we could fiuger out something to kind of get it or something like it back up.

My huge tff is that there where at least 4 to 5 interviews that me and Greg did of people around the Muppets/Henson/Sesame I feel that it was kind of the start of everyone else getting exited about doing interviews. I know that we could have done more, and I wanted to do more, but things happen. I tired to send Greg a note on facebook because the E=mail i have for him is the one for the newsflash. So if I can at least get a hold of the interviews i want to put them somewhere, ethier on here or on the mindset or something. I'm kicking myself now because I didn't save the interviews when Greg, E mailed them to me.
I'm thinking maybe the Newsflash's loss could be the cue for Muppet Central to step up as a website...

There were some shared news items between Newsflash and MC and pretty much all the updates on the site (that weren't product reviews that conveniently link to an Amazon page which supports the site) has been news items Gregg wrote. So perhaps the old articles and interviews could be hosted here and further news stories appear here.

It would be a win-win situation. Old interviews still have a home. Gregg has a place to post news stories that has a built-in audience and long-standing reputation, and Muppet Central gets a steadier stream of new content which has been the main site's biggest weakness the last couple years; this would help reinvigorate it.