New Muppets Video: Beaker Sings "Dust in the Wind"

beaker

Reaction score
At the risk of sounding annoyed, I actually posted the discovery MONTHS ago, and few people actually saw it then. Of course, it was in the "On the Web" section, and it really isn't all that busy half the time.
Shoulda posted it in classic, or just pm'd me about it^^
(I dont think Ive checked out on the web more than a couple times) Its very cool, just wish the vhs quality wasnt so horrible(im surprised he got the machine to even play!) Do you know if Muppet Madness from this system, the videos from Muppets Inside CDRom 1996, or Youre As Funny as Fozzie Bear(and the other vhs of that series) are on youtube?

The fact that it dead on parodies how the internet has become the capital of porly spellled insulz and LOLZ and LULZ and LllllZ at everyone's expense is nothing short of brilliant. I almost wished at the end, they'd pull out to another computer with a bunch of idiotic 10 year old boys with nothing better to do putting up the insulting annotations.

These people have done their research, and they've openly mocked the internet, especially internet videos.
Oh its not 10 year olds, its usually 17-35 year olds. Yeah, its sad...and people go out of their way to be nasty and mean just for the sake of it. It was NOT like this back in the BBS/Compuserv/AOL early 90's, not even when I was big into the internet in the mid to late 1990's. Just the ultra disrespect and cynicism so many people have.

beaker

Reaction score
I don't think this is reptetive as some people are saying. I think this and a lot of the other videos add a little more to Beaker. I think we are getting more into his world insteed of just seeing what happens to him at work. It must be mading to come home and want to chill after a day of being Honeydew's asstent and come home and the same kind of stuff happen to you at home.
Beaker is becomeing the internet Muppet, the one who is trying to make and to find a place for him to come and express himself.

Think of it this way they could be useing some new Muppet that on one knows anything about, and might not even really be liked. Insteed they are takeing one of the classic Muppet Show Muppets who has made us laugh for years, and giving him a little more depth. To me I think it is a great idea, and can't wait to see if they do this with anymore of the Muppets.
Beaker is the Boba Fett of the Muppet world!(ie: the cult hero being made into a main fan fave by the fans)

And yeah, I agree...this does show a whole new dimension to Beakie!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh its not 10 year olds, its usually 17-35 year olds. Yeah, its sad...and people go out of their way to be nasty and mean just for the sake of it. It was NOT like this back in the BBS/Compuserv/AOL early 90's, not even when I was big into the internet in the mid to late 1990's. Just the ultra disrespect and cynicism so many people have.
I could Soooooo get political on that, but I don't wanna.

But I'm surprised they didn't have an annotation in the video that says "first comment jajajajajajajaja." Like being the first comment of something you don't even care about matters.

Reaction score
I just watched it. Ugh. It didn't make any sense. What does that song have to do with all those pop up boxes that kept coming on ?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I just watched it. Ugh. It didn't make any sense. What does that song have to do with all those pop up boxes that kept coming on ?
Nothing. Just the Muppets mocking idiotic and hurtful comments. Beaker burst into flames because he is being flamed. Poor guy.

I like it. It's pretty funny!

Oh, and on a side note, the next few will feature the Swedish Chef, Sam the Eagle and Big Mean Carl... just so you're prepared for "repeated" characters.

Davina

Reaction score
we really love all of the vids they've put up so far. more variety in characters would be nice, but i am happy with whatever they can do :smile: love them all.

Davina

Reaction score
oh... if you haven't.. pause it right at the start and get a good look at beekie's desk.. :smile:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Beaker's "Dust in the Wind" video is featured today on msn.com
:eek: