New Video: "Stand By Me"

Shine

Reaction score
the problem?

My buddy and I watched it and decided the only thing that's missing is the back stage scene which would have showed them all leaving the stage and a bunny saying "Hey Carl, knock off the tacos next time ok?"

Bring back the whole old school show!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yeah, that would have added another great dimension. Kinda how after all the disastrous opening numbers, the characters hobbled past Kermit making bad puns.

By the way, I love your username, it seems so enthusiastic and optimistic!

Frogster

Reaction score
I wish they'd make more songs that were worth downloading... I was hoping "Dust In The Wind" and "Stand By Me" would be but it's just Beaker "meeping" and Carl and the bunnies singing half of "Stand By Me". I wanna see videos that don't have Muppet monsters, Beaker, Gonzo, Animal, or Chef. However...

I was hoping Stand By Me would be the Electric Mayhem doing instrumental while Kermit sang "Stand By Me" with Fozzie and Gonzo with him at the swamp, but the whole thing would be Kermit getting along easily at the swamp while Fozzie and Gonzo kept stumbling around, trying to sit on a lily pad or fall into the water.

Also, for "Dust In The Wind" I thought that woulda been a great song for Pepe to do... have him fawning over some female shrimp while Rowlf played the piano in the background

I should totally be in charge of these videos... I'd do my best to make them all as cool as "Bohemian"

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Some interesting ideas, but why does everything have to be like Bohemian Rhapsody? I think that's the mistake most companies make. "Hey, that was good. How can we make a million more films just like it?" Bohemian should stand on its own, as should Stand By Me. There's a lot more time to do a ton more awesome videos. It's nice to see the Muppets and Muppet performers having fun with stuff like this.

I loved it. Maybe it could have been a little longer, but for the sake of comedy, I don't know how much longer it could have gone on and still maintain a good pace.

Mupp

Reaction score
Again, I enjoyed this video. I thought that it was pretty funny, and it was very reminiscent of some of the old Muppet Show material.

The thing that really bugs me are all of the youtube comments from people who claim to be Muppet fans and say that they are disappointed by this because its not child-friendly and Jim Henson would not approve and such.

This is obviously ignorance to the highest degree.

WHY does no one remember that on the Muppet Show, there were acts with Monsters eating Muppets and physical slapstick all the time?

Drtooth

Reaction score
The thing that really bugs me are all of the youtube comments from people who claim to be Muppet fans and say that they are disappointed by this because its not child-friendly and Jim Henson would not approve and such.

WHY does no one remember that on the Muppet Show, there were acts with Monsters eating Muppets and physical slapstick all the time?
Exactly. I See no difference between this and the old Inchworm sketch... Muppets eat other Muppets, often with no comeuppance... even Cookie Monster tried to eat Guy Smiley.

That's what bugs me. Too many people say "Oh... the Muppets? That's Sesame Street! I can show it to my 1 year old." and freak out when something G rated violent happens. They'd totally flip if they tried to watch Stuffed and Unstrung.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Again, I enjoyed this video. I thought that it was pretty funny, and it was very reminiscent of some of the old Muppet Show material.

I agree. To make matters worse, similar comments have been posted about this video on the Muppet Studios' Facebook page. :rolleyes:

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I also think another reason why some people may be disturbed by this new video is the fact that Carl eats a bunch of cute, innocent little bunny rabbits.

This brings to mind a couple of posts by Dave Ebersole, where he explained his hatred of Carl, stating things like that he makes a habit of eating cute, innocent little animals, which most monsters never do and he also said that Carl eats other characters with little or no provocation and sometimes even if they just disagree with him.

Anyway, while I can agree that a different ending might've been in order, "Stand by Me" is great for what it is.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
It's funny everyone keeps complaining about the pleading bunny, causeI thought that was one of the funniest parts. Sounded like Dave Goelz. The sketch reminded me of "I've Got You Under My Skin." Classic!
My thoughts too. Absolutely reminded me of "I've Got You Under My Skin". Seems like a perfect opening # for a new TMS, more so than the other web videos. Easy to imagine the curtain opening on the scene before Carl hops out, a regular S & W comment afterward (maybe the same one, just in the theater box), and Carl waddling backstage afterward past a wary Kermit.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

beakerboy12

Reaction score
I can see it now, a new Muppet Show, feat. Big Mean Carl. Nice idea, Gorgon.:smile: