Now what's going on with YouTube?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Figures they'd wait until I return to YouTube (STILL under protest) to frog up the site again...

I see this time, they've done away with the standard star ratings system, and now we're stuck with giving a video either a thumbs up if we like it, or a thumbs down if we don't.

That seems rather stupid to me, but then again, EVERYTHING they do seems stupid anymore... the new video pages are unorganized, cluttered, and it's almost impossible to read all of the comments because of these weird white boxed blocking them for some reason.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I agree! It's so confusing not having the video description to the side of the video, and also making it really difficult to see videos by the same user...instead just seeing videos that are related to the keywords used or something equally confusing.

Impressed I am not.

dmoss

Reaction score
I thought for sure it was an April Fool's Joke when I saw it on Wednesday Night, but to my horror, it wasn't. :frown: Hopefully there will be enough of an outcry, that they'll return to the way they used to do it...

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Ugh...I can't take it any more! I was alright when there were a few minor changes through the years, but now I don't even recognize the site. :mad:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I thought for sure it was an April Fool's Joke when I saw it on Wednesday Night, but to my horror, it wasn't. :frown:
Somehow, I kinda knew it wasn't going to be an April Fools joke... I've seen them trying to slip this in on us for about a week, but it looks to be permanent now.
Hopefully there will be enough of an outcry, that they'll return to the way they used to do it...
Oh yeah, that worked like a charm in getting them to NOT force us all to use their new Beta Channels last year. :rolleyes:

dmoss

Reaction score
There was a huge deal (I remember the propaganda video) about how Youtube was changing over to some kind of corporate site, only trying to promote themselves and their sponsors, rather the regular people...seems like sponsor videos still get higher billing than home-made stuff.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There was a huge deal (I remember the propaganda video) about how Youtube was changing over to some kind of corporate site, only trying to promote themselves and their sponsors, rather the regular people...seems like sponsor videos still get higher billing than home-made stuff.
It's KINDA true... YouTube was bought by Google a few years ago, so they kind of have been a bit of a corporate site, which is probably the main reason why they don't even listen to the YOU in YouTube anymore.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It was hard to navigate at first, and sometimes it is hard to see the comments. But one good thing about the change: Before, users couldn't rate their own videos, but now youtubers can "like" or "dislike" their own (well, I haven't tried disliking any of my own so I could be wrong...)!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I've never been a member of Youtube so my only experience has been watching as a guest.

I must agree about the comments though. It's hard to follow them properly.:confused:

One thing that makes me laugh though. There is an option that allows you to watch the video in text only mode. I thought that meant the words of the dialogue of the video would appear on the screen with only the soundtrack to follow it by without the picture. They reckon by using text mode you'll save youtube some money in bandwidth costs.

I don't know if any of you have tried it but when you see what text only mode really does I'm sure you'll agree with me that nobody would surely want to use the option.:rolleyes: