Pre-Order "Dog City: The Movie" on DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

beaker

Reaction score
Woo Hoo! This has been on DVD in the UK for some years now, but this is really good news! We have nearly all of the second half of the Henson Hours on DVD!

I think it would be worth us emailing Lionsgate and asking them to release a 3 in one DVD set of Lighthouse Island, Monster Maker and Living with Dinosaurs!

If anyone agrees with me please let Lionsgate know!

http://www.lionsgateshop.com/contact_us.asp
Yeah I definitely would love seeing this(had no idea at the time these werent Storyteller segments, just assumed they were)
I loved Monster Maker:smile:

And yeah I was surprised to see Rowlf featured prominently:smile:

The cutting out the Muppets from specials to me is as silly as WWE Wrestling censoring out all references to "WWF" from archival footage.

beaker

Reaction score
Also wanted to note, there's a complication with releasing "The Jim Henson Hour". It has the JHC company in the title...but everything in that show would be under Disney.

What Disney could do is release it as "Muppet Television: The cult hit series from 1989" or something. Sadly, Lionsgate seems to be wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more on the ball with Muppet related dvd releases now days than Disney.

I mean come on: Muppets @ WDW AND Muppets Tonight were both Muppet/Disney productions pretty much, yet nada tostada...perhaps ever on the dvd front. If Lionsgate was in charge of that, we'd already have seen these out by now or soon to come.

Drtooth

Reaction score
What Disney could do is release it as "Muppet Television: The cult hit series from 1989" or something. Sadly, Lionsgate seems to be wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more on the ball with Muppet related dvd releases now days than Disney.

I mean come on: Muppets @ WDW AND Muppets Tonight were both Muppet/Disney productions pretty much, yet nada tostada...perhaps ever on the dvd front. If Lionsgate was in charge of that, we'd already have seen these out by now or soon to come.
Here's what I think the problem is. With Henson, they haven't really had a project that was very successful yet (with the exception of those 2 PBS shows and maybe Puppet Up) so they're best bet is releasing all their back catalog. Disney to date hasn't even released any of their own specials (Muppets or otherwise) and the only Muppet "specials" we got were the pilot films and the Muppets on Puppets as backup features on DVD season sets. I'd love to see some sort of Muppet special compilation set/disk at some point, but I don't know what Disney's policies vis a vis releasing TV specials (again, Muppet or otherwise).

dwmckim

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if an episode or two of the animated Dog City showed up as a bonus feature.

Kiki

Reaction score
Oh wow, Dog City! That brings back memories. :smile: Hope I can get it!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I am excited about this. And I'm glad that Rowlf won't be edited. I am a bit surprised they put him on the cover. I thought I read that the removal of Kermit on other Henson DVDs was because Disney had a policy of not licensing its characters... Maybe it was just their most notable characters (but if things have been worked out, then I hope it leads to rereleases of Emmet Otter and Christmas Toy). Maybe our chances of getting the Animal Show "Bald Eagle" episode will be better now.

It would be great if the other Henson-owned JHH specials were to be released, but I wonder if Lionsgate got those rights or not (Sony does still have distribution rights for some of the creaure shop stuff). I think Monster Maker and Living with Dinosaurs could be released on their own, but Lighthouse Island should probably be included as a bonus feature (though I do like Lighthouse Island better than Monster Maker).

dwayne1115

Reaction score
This might lead to someone relessing Muppet Family Christmas sometime!

Think about what Disney has allowed the Muppets to do with there extended famly just this year. Kermit was on the first show of season 40 of Sesame Street, and now Rowlf on the cover of Dog City! I think things over at Disney are changing for the better if you ask me.

Drtooth

Reaction score
This might lead to someone relessing Muppet Family Christmas sometime!
Disney owns the special completely. They could release it if they really wanted to... but as I said earlier, Disney hasn't really released ANY of the old specials on their own.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Woo Hoo! This has been on DVD in the UK for some years now, but this is really good news! We have nearly all of the second half of the Henson Hours on DVD!

I think it would be worth us emailing Lionsgate and asking them to release a 3 in one DVD set of Lighthouse Island, Monster Maker and Living with Dinosaurs!

If anyone agrees with me please let Lionsgate know!

http://www.lionsgateshop.com/contact_us.asp
I tried contacting them, but saw that providing ones phone number is mandatory, and didn't want to do so. I don't mind providing my full name or e-mail to them, but not my phone number. Hopefully there are other fans who want those on DVD and aren't like me.

Status
Not open for further replies.