Controversial Topics

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well apperntly someone called and reported some things about our family life such as they where not being fed and that I was rough with the kids. They came out and talked with my wife and looked at the house said that the case was bogus and she was going to try and close it. That was all we had heard and we though it was over. Then two days ago my two oldest said the lady talked to them again. So I'm a little upset because ether the case was never closed, or they are opening up a new case, or closing the case and checking in on the kids. I don't really know

RedPiggy

Reaction score
As someone who also fell victim to a family troll, it was devastating and traumatic. They didn't get your permission because if there's abuse, only an idiot would ask the potential abuser permission to speak with the kid alone. I don't know how my mom got tipped off, but she called the school to warn me they were coming. You see, my father didn't want my mother to be happy and go to college, so the fact she married a quadriplegic man who required certain types of care made him want to accuse the family of sexual abuse (the man needed catheterization and home health only stayed there for maybe half an hour, if they bothered to show up). I will never forgive my father for that. He claimed he knew nothing about it, but "it was wrong anyway" ... which tells me that even if he didn't personally made the call, he certainly told someone to do it.

It's a good thing reporting is anonymous. While naturally I don't condone violence, people who falsely report should have bad things happen to them.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
As someone who also fell victim to a family troll, it was devastating and traumatic. They didn't get your permission because if there's abuse, only an idiot would ask the potential abuser permission to speak with the kid alone. I don't know how my mom got tipped off, but she called the school to warn me they were coming. You see, my father didn't want my mother to be happy and go to college, so the fact she married a quadriplegic man who required certain types of care made him want to accuse the family of sexual abuse (the man needed catheterization and home health only stayed there for maybe half an hour, if they bothered to show up). I will never forgive my father for that. He claimed he knew nothing about it, but "it was wrong anyway" ... which tells me that even if he didn't personally made the call, he certainly told someone to do it.

It's a good thing reporting is anonymous. While naturally I don't condone violence, people who falsely report should have bad things happen to them.
The thing is I feel that it puts a whole lot of worry and such on the kids. I mean they have already had a tuff life because of the kind of things that there real dad has put them through. Now they have to worry about being taken away from us that to me just seems unfair and wrong.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well I finaly got a hold of the case worker, and found out that it is a new case that is being opened. The case worker said that she could not go into the details with me because I'm not the kids real parent. So I set up a meeting with her on Wensday. The thing that bothered me about the whole phone call, and the one I had with the school is this don't care attetude I seem to be getting from these people. I love my step kids very much, and hate that they are being drug through this, and the fact that the people on the other side of this little battle don't seem to care makes this even more madding.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
My little controversial topic

There are three popular groups in this country that I find problematic due to a few choice toxic leaders who speak on behalf of their whole community of followers in striving to take rights away from Americans in all walks of life. They also bully and employ agressive fear tactics on those who oppose them. I have friends in two of these three organizations who are more upset by these particular representatives than I am so this is no personal or spiritual critique. My issue isn't with the nature of their beliefs, just the enforcement of them on others. These groups are Mormons, Scientologists and PETA.

I think families come in all forms and some have more patchwork than others. I don’t believe outsiders should define the homes of others due to mere spiritual or philosophical differences. Keep our eyes on our own papers and our hands to ourselves. Traditional or non-traditional, the home is sacred and we should all be given the freedom to thrive.

I’m not a fan of popping a pill for every ailment, but I do believe in doctors and medicine from psychology to surgery. I think people should be permitted to make informed decisions without being demonized. Some folk believe that disease is the result of being a bad person! I’ve never had to take an antidepressant, but I’ve know people who have been helped by them. I also know others who haven’t. Nonetheless, it should be a personal choice. One made in the home.

I’m a vegetarian, but more for health reasons than philosophical ones. Meat makes me lethargic and I don’t really enjoy it. We should be kind to animals, but some folk take this sentiment way too far. Fish are not “sea kittens” and I’m not going to give up my leather jacket, belts or shoes because they’re made from bovine hide. Call me cynical, but I believe that many of the animal-activist supermodels would club a woodland creature to death if it resulted in a week without wrinkles! They’d just do it in private. I certainly don’t condone that of course!

Just my two cents. I think everybody should be able to get along even with wide ranging views. I just don’t believe in clipping the wings of other people in order to suit our needs. There are too many religious supremacists in this country enforcing their views on others whether it’s based on lost Indian tribes, volcano aliens or animals. Still, I’d love to see a movie with all three of those elements!

Here's a little exposé film coming in three weeks about one of these groups' leadership messing with me and my pals. Feel free not to click it if the subject matter offends you. And yes, that is Star Trek's George Takei. :wink:

Ducks from all the flying tomatoes now. :embarrassed:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hate groups of any kind that say they want to help people, and basically just beat people over the head with their logic and try to ban any and everything under the sun.

I may as well touch up on your groups...

PETA sucks. I see what true animal rights people are talking about and I see their point. But to quote Raven of Teen Titans "I respect you don't eat meat. Please respect that I don't eat fake meat." But when it comes to an organization that wants Ben and Jerry to use Human milk for their ice cream (think very long and hard about what needs to happen there) and has a vendetta on Nintendo for Cooking Mama's cruelty towards pixilated organisms that don't exit, you're talking about something on the verge of an eco-terrorist group that celebs join for the "we Care" factor.

Mormons? That's a tricky one. I can't complain about any religion, and I don't want to lump anyone into anything or diss their beliefs system... all I'm gonna say is Neo-facist schmuck Glenn Beck is one, and so is the looney toon who believed that capitalistic and communistic forces would gang up and destroy the US (whose name I forget) that Glenn gets his values system from belong to the militant far right of that group. Yeah...

Scientologists... well... when I completely give up on trying to make it in any aspect of the cartoon biz, THEN I'll slaughter them.

I also want to give a shout out to groups like Commercial Free Childhood. And if you don't know by now why (to quote Internet meme I. M. Meen) I HATE those goody goodies, you just don't pay attention to anything I post.

Really? How the shell is retiring Ronald McDonald and making him take his plastic fun premiums with him gonna stem the whole "Childhood obesity epidemic?" Kids don't even LIKE Ronald McDonald anymore. They eat junk food because they're kids. These are self righteous jerks that care MORE about what's on a wrapper than what goes into the food inside. People who have a "Super Size Me" logic when a "Food Inc" logic is required. If they really cared all that much about the cause, use all that money to kill high fructose corn syrup. Use that money to put edible foods in school cafeterias. I personally feel when they took Doritos and Combos out of school vending machines, they lost the most nutritious and highest quality stuff they had.

And that one seems to be made out of three kinds of people... Sugar parents (that is, parents that buy their kids everything under the sun to avoid actually being a parent to their kids), the "we're so much better than you" types that can afford to give their kids actual organic local whatevers, and egotistical psychologists/pediatricians that want the smug self satisfaction of taking down an easy to take down industry (you can't get bankers and oil execs to behave by saying "Think of the children!")

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I hate groups of any kind that say they want to help people, and basically just beat people over the head with their logic and try to ban any and everything under the sun.

I may as well touch up on your groups...

PETA sucks. I see what true animal rights people are talking about and I see their point. But to quote Raven of Teen Titans "I respect you don't eat meat. Please respect that I don't eat fake meat." But when it comes to an organization that wants Ben and Jerry to use Human milk for their ice cream (think very long and hard about what needs to happen there) and has a vendetta on Nintendo for Cooking Mama's cruelty towards pixilated organisms that don't exit, you're talking about something on the verge of an eco-terrorist group that celebs join for the "we Care" factor.

Mormons? That's a tricky one. I can't complain about any religion, and I don't want to lump anyone into anything or diss their beliefs system... all I'm gonna say is Neo-facist schmuck Glenn Beck is one, and so is the looney toon who believed that capitalistic and communistic forces would gang up and destroy the US (whose name I forget) that Glenn gets his values system from belong to the militant far right of that group. Yeah...

Scientologists... well... when I completely give up on trying to make it in any aspect of the cartoon biz, THEN I'll slaughter them.

I also want to give a shout out to groups like Commercial Free Childhood. And if you don't know by now why (to quote Internet meme I. M. Meen) I HATE those goody goodies, you just don't pay attention to anything I post.

Really? How the shell is retiring Ronald McDonald and making him take his plastic fun premiums with him gonna stem the whole "Childhood obesity epidemic?" Kids don't even LIKE Ronald McDonald anymore. They eat junk food because they're kids. These are self righteous jerks that care MORE about what's on a wrapper than what goes into the food inside. People who have a "Super Size Me" logic when a "Food Inc" logic is required. If they really cared all that much about the cause, use all that money to kill high fructose corn syrup. Use that money to put edible foods in school cafeterias. I personally feel when they took Doritos and Combos out of school vending machines, they lost the most nutritious and highest quality stuff they had.

And that one seems to be made out of three kinds of people... Sugar parents (that is, parents that buy their kids everything under the sun to avoid actually being a parent to their kids), the "we're so much better than you" types that can afford to give their kids actual organic local whatevers, and egotistical psychologists/pediatricians that want the smug self satisfaction of taking down an easy to take down industry (you can't get bankers and oil execs to behave by saying "Think of the children!")
Ultimately, I support individual decisions, but we’re not all always given all the options. From social policy to health - that’s the problem. Other people are deciding for us.

I think clowns are creepy, period. But the problem is not the mascot. Parents need to know the facts and set limits. Treats are great to have, but not to live on. Also, all of us need to have affordable healthy alternatives on fast food menus. Heck, make a program that incentivizes restaurants to make genuinely healthy alternatives and I assure you they'll follow suit. Also, the US government over-taxes sugar and gives incentives for the corn industry that's creating an unhealthy country. Raw sugar is still sugar, but much healthier than corn syrup. Pepsi products are actually bringing back their original formulas in special packaging.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
I dunno ... South Park hasn't exactly gone extinct.
frogboy4 said:
Pepsi products are actually bringing back their original formulas in special packaging.
I don't do sodas of any type. Never could take the fizziness of them. But, still ... LOL if Coke ever went back to its original formula.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Never could take the fizziness of them.
I'm completely carbonation intolerant... I can't drink carbonated beverage at all.

At least I have a legitimate excuse not to drink, lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I dunno ... South Park hasn't exactly gone extinct.
But they can never hire Nancy Cartwright! :smile:

I'm too afraid to say how poisonous they are. but I agree with South Park 100%... 110% even.

Ultimately, I support individual decisions, but we’re not all always given all the options. From social policy to health - that’s the problem. Other people are deciding for us.
Exactly. I find the "you're selling dangerous stuff to kids" thing to be the ultimate cop out. ANY kind of junk food, even organically made glucose free stuff is bad for you. I still am waiting for the documentary that makes the mom and pop pizza places look like Satan worshiping monsters too. I agree 100billion %. Treats are just that. We use them to bribe kids to get good grades. What are future generations gonna do? "Hey Timmy! For every A on your test, I'll buy you a high fiber organic bran cereal that colon cancer patients are forced to eat." Feh!

I think clowns are creepy, period. But the problem is not the mascot.
Steven freaking king and his tedious "It" movie have tarnished the reputation of clowns. I swear it did. Sure, the creepy clown has its place... The Joker... Buggy the Clown... Binky. but I find it a tedious stereotype. now MIMES... that bugs me and annoys me. And I like French stuff.

But the thing of it is... firstly, they just started using the Clown in the commercials again after like a 2 year hiatus. And it took monsters VS. Aliens to even get Grimace back in the advertisements. Forget Ronald... I wanna see the Hamburgerlar, Grimace, and that stupid Pirate guy back. And above all, I wanna see Chester Cheetah back. I swear, Chester and the M&M's are my favorite hunk food mascots. Secondly, I NEVER see kids eating kids meals anymore. They get things on the menu bigger than them. Why, I ate a huge meal once when I was a kid (Flintstones McRib promo) and I got pretty sick and vowed never to eat that much ever again. Once I saw a kid eat a Taco Bell nacho boat thing like it was a sandwich!