Muppets References in Daily Life!

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Okay, so I got inspired from this thread (http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=572), wherein lots of cool references to The Muppets from film and TV have been posted.
But what about for all those times in life when you just randomly have a reference to The Muppets? Here's a place to list them!

For example, a while back I randomly saw someone dressed up as Elmo (the walk-around DisneyWorld style costume) as part of a parade of some sort. I so wanted to get a picture but didn't get a chance.
But this kind of Muppet run-in or reference can be noted here.

One other thing is using Muppet movie lines in conversations. I do this sometimes (sometimes just thinking to myself or muttering it to myself when it fits the situation- of course, I do this with other things too- lol.)
I like to quote Fozzie's "No problem" line from The Muppet Movie (in his voice, of course:embarrassed:). Or maybe Baby Animal's "Yah gah yah- Go bye bye!" from Muppet Babies.:halo:
Or one of my favorite inspirational quotes- "You hear that New York? I'm staying! The frog is staying!":smile:

Anyone else have some other experiences to list?
"I brought the paper towels"- Lew Zealand in "The Great Muppet Caper"

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Does dressing up as Super Grover for Halloween this past year count? :super:

That day was just awesome. At my school, it's tradition for only seniors to dress up on Halloween. I jumped at the opportunity to be Super Grover almost immediately. On Halloween, seniors also get to go to the elementary school in-town to hang out for a few hours. All the PBS-illiterate kindergartens thought I was Elmo, some teachers thought I was Cookie Monster. Then we came up to the high school and a bunch of people were freaked out by the costume (to which I gave them all the same response: "What? Don't act like you didn't watch Sesame Street when you were a kid.") God I love that costume.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
LOL, I have found my new "home-away-from-home" thread.

Here are some "highlights" I guess they could be called, mostly the ones not said by me:

*My friend Britt and my mom comparing my band teacher's appearance to Beaker. :eek:

*Somehow our study skills class started talking about organ donors and stuff like that after somebody mentioned a type of forensics involving autopsies. I made a few "death and pestilence" comments. *insert Boober smiley here*

*In English class, for some reason, a classmate said something about a gurney, and another classmate shouted, "Ernie? Isn't he that dude off of Sesame Street?" :stick_out_tongue:

*Anybody remember that incident from The Quote Thread involving me making a few (rather disturbing) comments about how "hawt" a mummy at the museum was? ("What? I like redheads.") Well, one thing that wasn't recorded in that post was my friend Britt making some comment on Richard Hunt.

*Multiple comments between Britt and me on how we need a time machine because all the hawt guys (including Jim Henson and Richard Hunt, of course) are dead and/or old enough to be our grandparents.

*My dad said something that sounded like "something Cantus would say" so he repeated it in that voice.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
*Somehow our study skills class started talking about organ donors and stuff like that after somebody mentioned a type of forensics involving autopsies. I made a few "death and pestilence" comments. *insert Boober smiley here*
Where is that Boober smiley? Ha ha- I love Boober! I also love it when Gobo tells him, "Boober! Don't be such a boober!"
Or when all the rest of the gang tell Wembley- "Wembley! Stop wembling!" LOL.

LOL, I have found my new "home-away-from-home" thread.
Ha ha- cool. I've noticed you seem to have a fair share of Muppet-related incidents.:big_grin::smile:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
All the PBS-illiterate kindergartens thought I was Elmo, some teachers thought I was Cookie Monster. Then we came up to the high school and a bunch of people were freaked out by the costume
Dude- a Super Grover costume is totally awesome! How could anyone mistake him for Elmo or Cookie Monster? Well- okay, at least Cookie Monster is blue. But seriously- Elmo? He's a cute red little monster- much shorter than Grover. Grover however is the original cute monster! lol:super:

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
A double reference just this morning:

I was in the school hallways and I accidentally passed up my homeroom class, and I ended up questioning why I was there, followed by Beauregard's trademark "*blink*...Right." Then I paused a moment and said, in a bad impression of Sir Didymus from Labyrinth, something along the lines of "doing the chivalrous thing and walking milady to class", referring to a female friend whose homeroom class was on that side of the hall. :smile::wink::big_grin:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Ha ha- I particularly love the Beauregard quote- I would definitely quote him.
"I'm sorry- I can only take you as far as the lobby.":big_grin:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I don't know if this counts as such, but I've been drinking the generic brand of Dr. Pepper lately. I don't care for Dr. Pepper much, so I actually prefer the generic brand because it doesn't taste quite the same to me. Anyway, I don't know if this particular brand is popular everywhere, and I'm sure it probably wasn't named for the character, but I can't help but think of The Muppet Show whenever I drink Dr. Bob!:sympathy:
(Yep- that's the name of it. Pretty cool, huh?:smile:)

Kiki

Reaction score
I was watching telly and my brother walked into the room and goes, 'what's that?; and I answered, 'it's some kind of a blind fiend...' (a Rizzo quote from MTI). It wasn't a blind fiend, I can't even remember what it was, but thankfully he got the reference. :smile:

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
My mom and I were in the car driving home, and I ended up pointing out that the time (or at least the time on the clock) was 12:34, which led to us both singing the Pinball Number Count.

:sing:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12! Do do do do do...:sing: