New Video: Muppets' American Woman

ToodlesTeam

Reaction score
I have to say, I don't think I care too much for the new Sam puppet... seems like it restricted a lot of movement.
I like the look of the puppet, but the stiff mouth movement bothers me.

What doesn't bother me is the performance! He may not sound exactly like Sam, but the personality was certainly there! And Kermit popping on-screen in classic Muppet Show style was awesome.:smile:

This is definitely one of my favorite videos they've done, but that probably has to do with the fact that I love Sam so much.:attitude:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks GL, got 'em. Hilarious version of a rock classic. :zany:

Mupp

Reaction score
I have to say, I don't think I care too much for the new Sam puppet... seems like it restricted a lot of movement.
The look has grown on me a bit. If the movement is deemed to be a performance problem, then I'm sure they will adjust it.

I think part of the reason why they are going back to the classic Sam look, is so he looks more like an eagle, specifically the shape of the beak. They might want to consider dialing back on his eyebrows though.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Hey there- Guess Who? It's The Muppets! Wow- I can't wait to check out "American Woman" later today.:smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Loved it! great to see Sam and Kermit doing something! great song as well.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It's funny, yet it left me wanting more. That's the point I guess. Great vid. :attitude:

Drtooth

Reaction score
The look has grown on me a bit. If the movement is deemed to be a performance problem, then I'm sure they will adjust it.
I think the problem is the shape of the beak... it seems just kinda small, and the bottom lip doesn't really move all that much either... so I really think it stifles the movement in that aspect. I mean, Sam's beak was a lot more flexible in other puppets. I like the rest of the look fine, but it seems the beak needs a real adjustment to get the full line of expression back.