Possible future Lionsgate Henson DVD releases

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
As with everyone else, I would like a completely unedited version of Emmet Otter's Jug-band Christmas as well as Muppet Family Christmas. I wonder if the company will release The Tale of the Bunny Picnic because since Bean is part of the Muppet gang which is part of Disney, it would be nice if there was a DVD release of that with maybe some bonus material.
Disney owns Tale of the Bunny Picnic. LionsGate would have nothing to do with a release of that.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Disney owns Tale of the Bunny Picnic. LionsGate would have nothing to do with a release of that.
That's weird. Because, the Henson Company owns Billy Bunny's Animal Songs, and that's part of the Muppet Sing Along Video series.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
That's weird. Because, the Henson Company owns Billy Bunny's Animal Songs, and that's part of the Muppet Sing Along Video series.
Really? Where did you hear this? I'd assume Disney would have the rights to that whole series of videos.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Interesting. Never would have thought they'd hold onto that. I do know Disney owns Bunny Picnic, back when they first bought the Muppets they noted that special as one of the specials they were getting the rights to.
That explans it.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I was surprised to see that Henson owns Billy Bunny's Animal Songs (unless the person in charge of selecting clips to post online messed up). I figured since it was part of the Muppet Sing-Along series Disney would have gotten the rights (I guess this would be the only Muppet Sing-Along still owned by Henson). I haven't seen this video so I don't know if it has the Muppet Sing-Along opening or how much of Kermit is in it (I assume as much as in Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas). Though an article posted at Jim Hill Media written by somebody who worked on the project claimed that the special didn't have any familiar Muppet characters, which would mean that Kermit's scenes must have been recorded later (I once aksed Jim Hill about this and he seemed to recall that Kermit was always meant to be part of the video).

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Apperntly, Henson still owns the Muppets 30 Years special. Because, LionsGate took down a part of the special. I'll tell you: they better put out a DVD of it, cause I'll be P.O.'ed when the whole thing gets taken down!

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
What do you mean by "LionsGate took down a part of the [Celebration of 30 Years] special"?

Also, Disney may own the Kermit sections of 'Billy Bunny's Animal Songs', which would only be about 5% of the special.

How do you know that Disney own The Tale Of The Bunny Picnic? Does anyone have an OFFICIAL complete list of what Disney owns?