Your Thoughts: Henson's Place DVD

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Btw you mentioned about the quality of Henson's Place looking a bit iffy. I was actually relieved that it looked the way I remembered and not all digitally enhanced, lol. Archivists often disagree on this point, whether artifacts should be cleaned up, or kept as they were.
Lol.

If I were to make any kind of guess, I would say it looks like if it was simply digitally transfered from a VHS to DVD.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here's something about the documentary I forgot to mention that sort of confuses me...

In this documentary, Don Sahlin's name is pronounced as "Sa-leen" (Caroll pronounced it the same way in the SST Biography), yet other times, it's pronounced as it's spelled "Sah-lin", like Jim said in Muppets on Puppets.

But then again, I guess it's kind of like with writer Ken Levine: some pronounce it "Le-vyne", while others pronounce it "Le-veen".

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Here's something about the documentary I forgot to mention that sort of confuses me...

In this documentary, Don Sahlin's name is pronounced as "Sa-leen" (Caroll pronounced it the same way in the SST Biography), yet other times, it's pronounced as it's spelled "Sah-lin", like Jim said in Muppets on Puppets.
Yeah it's just one of quirks people have with names; they don't hear it right or they're used to hearing it one way. When I think about it I rarely hear my friends or even my co-workers' last names mentioned out loud. So I guess it's understandable, hehe.

dwmckim

Reaction score
That's the thing with proper names though, regardless of whether you're a public figure or everyday joe, most names originate from a particular region and as such, like any "foreign word" open themselves up to being mispronounced not even necessarily because of ignorance but because of how other regions bastardize/Americanize it. The only one true way to determine how a name is "supposed" to be pronounced is to go by how the person who has the name pronounces it. And even then, they may even pronounce it differently than another direct family member (or even if they have a more foreign name or one tied to a specific language culture, their closest friends not with that background will most likely pronouce it somewhat close but still with no cigar)

Some times one gets lucky and has a name that's hard (but not impossible) to get wrong like Smith and then there's other names that you may as well get used to hearing half the population say one way and the other half another like Bowie.

Canadian Fan

Reaction score
I did post on another thread that I was about to get 'Henson's Place' for 30% off as a result of a store closing sale. I watched it the other night and enjoyed it a lot. I wonder who has the rights to 'Of Muppets And Men'? I saw that one posted on YouTube.

I love all behind-the-scenes stuff from Muppets and hope that more Henson documentaries come to DVD someday.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I did post on another thread that I was about to get 'Henson's Place' for 30% off as a result of a store closing sale. I watched it the other night and enjoyed it a lot. I wonder who has the rights to 'Of Muppets And Men'? I saw that one posted on YouTube.

I love all behind-the-scenes stuff from Muppets and hope that more Henson documentaries come to DVD someday.
I'm pretty sure Disney has Of Muppets and Men. If the remaining season sets of The Muppet Show ever come out, it'll most likely be included as a bonus feature on one of them.

Canadian Fan

Reaction score
It'd be great if 'Of Muppets And Men' was released on the season 5 Muppet Show DVD since it was filmed around the time they were producing season 5.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Disney has Of Muppets and Men.
Maybe online, because Disney didn't have any Muppet DVDs whenever I looked... but then again, the last time I went to the Disney Store (last month, actually), they had NO Muppet stuff whatsoever. They used to have a ridiculously tiny Muppet section in the store, now they have nothing.

... and still everyone thinks they're handling the Muppets just wonderfully... I DON'T get it...

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Maybe online, because Disney didn't have any Muppet DVDs whenever I looked... but then again, the last time I went to the Disney Store (last month, actually), they had NO Muppet stuff whatsoever. They used to have a ridiculously tiny Muppet section in the store, now they have nothing.

... and still everyone thinks they're handling the Muppets just wonderfully... I DON'T get it...
I meant has as in they own the rights to the documentary. :embarrassed:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ah... miscommunication there, lol.

I wonder why HP is owned by Lionsgate and not Disney? :confused: