A Real Dearth Nadir Action Figure Is Coming!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Heh, nice! I'm glad for Palisades mini figures, as much as I prefer articulation. I never thought I'd ever get to have a figural representation of Doglion, Thog, Mahna Mahna and the snowths, etc. Btw, is that someone's fan made Luncheon Counter Monster figure?

Btw Jamie, I'm surprised Disney hasn't snatched you up for work. It seems like anyone who has the time or talent can work for Disney Muppets in some capacity. I've seen fellow Muppet fan artists at least have variant covers for the comics.
Aw, thanks. :super: That's all Photoshop magic you see. I so want a LC Monster figure! Oooh! Wouldn't LC and Big Mean Carl bookends be fantastic? Never gonna happen either. :frown:

Disney has some specific ideas when it comes to the Muppets and they use a particular style guide artist for all of it. Very talented guy named John Loter. He's usually close to the mark. :concern:

Dearth

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm uploading my video of the CV panel to YouTube and will post the link as soon as it's up.

As I re-listened to the response to my question, it gets a little confusing, but he does say that the Muppet figures will be more compatible with the Disney-as-Star-Wars figures they've already done.

Then when I ask the followup, larger or smaller, I meant in comparison to Palisades, but I think their response is in reference to the Disney/SW hybrids!

So the Muppets may possibly be even smaller than those!

Dearth

MWoO

Reaction score
This is rather promising. I hope by fully articulated they mean fully articulated. If they up the detail level a little and move it more towards realistic I would snatch them up in a heart beat. if they keep the cartoony look I still might go with it.

Dearth

Reaction score
Shrug... I want to say that I've seen the Disney-as-Star-Wars-figures touted as 'fully articulated' and they generally only move in two or three points or articulation, and sometimes even those are kinda pointless... like a shoulder that rotates in place, but the arm is outstretched so that the movement merely consists of the hand moving slightly.

Since Cody Hampton began by talking about the non-poseable vinyl doll set of Muppets-as-Star-Wars, my assumption was that he simply meant these would have some movement.

I mean, my personal definition of 'fully articulated' would be more like the super-poseable Clone Trooper from the Attack of the Clones line. Ball-jointed shoulders, elbows, hips, knees, ankles, etc.

But the only thing close to that which I've seen in the Parks merchandise is the 7" Indiana Jones figure (which by the way will be updated with a Temple of Doom version... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY30jaMOSFc )

Dearth

beaker

Reaction score
Soooo....any word on when these will be out?

rowlfy662

Reaction score
i was wondering that to i hope they have not decided to scrap them which will be quite sad i really wanted that bunsen R2D2 and camilla stormtrooper

Dearth

Reaction score
Last time I heard from my liaison at Disney, he said "closer to when the film comes out". So I would say, they could show up anytime this month or next.

Alex

rowlfy662

Reaction score
thats good hopefully we will see them this month i can't wait to buy them