Katy Perry song banned from Sesame Street Season 41

Should Katy Perry's song been cut from Sesame Street?

• Yes

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • No

Votes: 109 79.0%

• Total voters

Mupp

Reaction score
I like the video and I don't think that it should have been pulled from television, but I have to wonder;

Didn't anyone who was on set that day think to themselves "Hmmm, her outfit might get us in trouble"?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Didn't anyone who was on set that day think to themselves "Hmmm, her outfit might get us in trouble"?
For them to argue her down to a body suit, there had to have been a few rumblings. There is no way they wouldn't have questioned this, tested it, and even talked amongst themselves. If SS is so hardly reviewed, if anyone thought it was a problem, they would have brought it up themselves. Monday morning Quarterbacking, I don't see why no one pointed out some people in 2010 still find the human body (and clothing that had been socially acceptable at least 20 years ago) an affront to something or other.

And yet, they still sell Bratz.

Mupp

Reaction score
I also have to say that I am very glad that the video is still available online. (I linked the official source earlier in this thread.)

I enjoy the "opposites" version of the song that she did for the segment.

Its a shame that it didn't air.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I can't think of a better role model for this season's Sesame Street after viewing Katy Perry's new video. Maybe it's just me, but the themes in this little song are at the root of what Sesame was about in my day. Let's hope she returns next season and brings her tailor just in case! :embarrassed:

(come to think of it, this dress would have done just fine)

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can't think of a better role model for this season's Sesame Street after viewing Katy Perry's new video.
Uh... Bill Cosby, maybe? :insatiable:

Nah! They wouldn't let him on the show anymore. The fact he sold all that Jell-O pudding put kids on the fast track to obesity! :insatiable:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Uh... Bill Cosby, maybe? :insatiable:

Nah! They wouldn't let him on the show anymore. The fact he sold all that Jell-O pudding put kids on the fast track to obesity! :insatiable:
Bill Cosby hasn't done a project in years! I always found him to have a degree of disturbing internal darkness that was off-putting, but he's worked well with Muppets before so he'll always be okay IMHO. Even with his puddin'pop-pushing ways! :eek:

What I really mean is that I find Perry to be one of the most impressive of this year's current crop of celebs providing Sesame cameos. She is just so darn easy to like (and not too bad on the eyes or ears either). Maybe she'll sing this song for Bert & Ernie next year! Let's hope.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
For them to argue her down to a body suit, there had to have been a few rumblings.
I wonder if they just happened to have the body suit in the studio, if they had gotten one in anticipation of her appearance, or if they ended up purchasing omne after Perry entered the studio (if they didn't make one on the spot).