Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 41

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
He's actually in the "Puddle Jumping" episode coming soon as well.
Oh, okay. I guess they didn't count Big Bird's brief cameo in that episode as part of his 'four episodes' this season.

I know someone mentioned that there was a lack of Oscar this season. (I'm too lazy to go back through the threads and read the post again.) I agree, it seems like Big Bird got more airtime than we expected, but Oscar hasn't been seen too much. He did have a big part in today's ep, so there's a start. What happened to the episode where he starts his company Dirtballs with Bert and Herry? Are they still planning that episode this season. I haven't heard much about it lately, so I just thought I'd ask. In fact, maybe I'll check with Muppet Wiki about that.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Two episodes with Oscar as the star (the Dirtballs one and Grouch Mother's Day) are airing the last week of December. I long wait, especially because they look like really good episodes.

Drtooth

Reaction score
What happened to the episode where he starts his company Dirtballs with Bert and Herry? Are they still planning that episode this season. I haven't heard much about it lately, so I just thought I'd ask. In fact, maybe I'll check with Muppet Wiki about that.
The wiki doesn't even have any info about the last 4 episodes yet. You'd think we'd've gotten some info somewhere by now.

And until I see proof, I doubt Herry's really going to be in that episode. They said "Harry" and that could just as easily be a new character as it is a typo.

And I do think Oscar's basically gotten guest cameo status in most of the episodes so far. Can't wait until he's the actual center of attention.

Convincing John

Reaction score
And until I see proof, I doubt Herry's really going to be in that episode.
Well...we did see Herry last season in the "Wing in a Sling" episode (with Jerry Nelson in a cameo, no less). At least we know they have the puppet to use if they wanted. Since Jerry still does the voice of the Count (and Fat Blue) while Matt Vogel puppeteers...it's possible they could do the same with Herry, right? I'd like to be optimistic and say we might actually see Herry this season.

I also wonder about Bert's role in that episode. We got all excited about the pigeon episode and we all know how that turned out...:rolleyes:

I can't wait to see the Oscar episode, too. To replace a word in a popular phrase, "With all these Elmo episodes around, there's got to be a pony somewhere."

I'm wondering if even the kids are getting tired of these "all-Elmo all-the-time" episodes with the same AFFS and number murals over and over. Can't be good for the ratings.

Convincing John

dwmckim

Reaction score
True, we did get a Herry cameo last year but it was practically on a gem level signaling how he's crossed over to "old obscure" status.

I'd love to see more Herry but given the current State of the Street, i'm guessing it won't be Herry Monster but a one-shot character, probably with a play-on-words of "Dirty Harry"

ISNorden

Reaction score
That would be very disappointing. While everyone was concerned about the lack of Big Bird this season, I'm more bummed by the lack of Oscar. He was, what, like in one episode so far this season? Yeah, I know a few are coming up. I'm glad they're using newer footage for the rerun episodes, but the amount of footage they're reusing for the actual new episodes has been ridiculous lately. So, I'm wondering if some of this was indeed afterthought about having "new" episodes made out of old ones, throwing a couple new segments into them and using reruns to pad out the actual new ones.
I'm guessing that since some sponsor letters have already been repeated this season (two F episodes?), the rehashed Season 39 episodes don't count against the usual total of one per letter. So we might still see the Telly/Oscar sketch about N this season... *keeps her fingers crossed*

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well...we did see Herry last season in the "Wing in a Sling" episode (with Jerry Nelson in a cameo, no less). At least we know they have the puppet to use if they wanted. Since Jerry still does the voice of the Count (and Fat Blue) while Matt Vogel puppeteers...it's possible they could do the same with Herry, right? I'd like to be optimistic and say we might actually see Herry this season.

I also wonder about Bert's role in that episode. We got all excited about the pigeon episode and we all know how that turned out...:rolleyes:
That's true, but I would hate for everyone to think Herry's in the episode and then complain that he actually wasn't. Better to be surprised than disappointed, better to be proven wrong than proven right. Yes, the character could easily make an appearance, but it could just as easily be a new character (or even, benefit of the doubt, a human kid).

I'm guessing that since some sponsor letters have already been repeated this season (two F episodes?), the rehashed Season 39 episodes don't count against the usual total of one per letter. So we might still see the Telly/Oscar sketch about N this season... *keeps her fingers crossed*
I don't recall F being repeated at all (except for the rerun repackaged episodes which I'm not watching) . But I really get the feeling that other than a few structural hugely publicized segments, that is the parodies and new animations from contest winners, they pretty much just threw segments to fill out the episodes, and did so like it was an afterthought or just being very short handed. We got a new segment, a long musical number, used twice. If they don't use the Oscar and Telly N segment in a new episode, they might just use it in a rerun based episode (like the Super Grover segment about the letter F).

And of course, there was This specific sketch that was supposed to air several episodes ago, but we didn't even see a G sponsored episode at all.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The Harry character is an AM character, not Herry (sorry, guys).

Also, two repeats later this year will have G (4253) and N (4255) as the sponsors. So, hopefully, the two segments will air in those. I mean, we don't even know if they shot the Telly/Oscar bit (I read about Annie writing it). It'd be a shame if they don't show the G game though, we hardly see Mr. Johnson anymore. On a side note, I'm more concerned why we haven't seen any Prairie Dawn; she's such a great character/foil and there's no reason not to make stuff with her or at least re-use some stuff.

Drtooth

Reaction score
On a side note, I'm more concerned why we haven't seen any Prairie Dawn; she's such a great character/foil and there's no reason not to make stuff with her or at least re-use some stuff.
I haven't seen that much of Fran period. Not even Zoe.

Convincing John

Reaction score
The Harry character is an AM character, not Herry (sorry, guys).
No Herry? Aww...

Well, let's hope that Bert is actually starring IN this upcoming episode and not have it be 13 minutes of Elmo with a fleeting cameo of Bert at the beginning and ending of the story.

Convincing John