Your Thoughts: Fraggle Rock on The Hub beginning October 10, 2010

monkeyjb1988

Reaction score
I just watched the one about the Bunbarrow race. It's odd, they've been doing episodes in order for themost part but I found a website that says that that particular episode is later on in the series. It doesn't really matter much to me as it was a good episode, I just thought it was interesting.
At 1:30 pm, they show the normal episode from 8:30 am. Then, Tuesdays - Thursdays they show an episode from later in the series. Weird, but a good way to show the especially good episodes from from both halves of the series. I'm enjoying it. :coy:

wolf2x22

Reaction score
I have been thinking for quite a long time that the cartoons and shows that I grew up would be nice to see on tv again. I was both thrilled and excited when I saw Fraggle Rock on Hub tv. Now my one year old daughter is in love with the show and gets excited if we just say "Fraggle Rock". How I enjoy watching it with her and seeing her dance and sing right along with them. :smile:

monkeyjb1988

Reaction score
I have been thinking for quite a long time that the cartoons and shows that I grew up would be nice to see on tv again. I was both thrilled and excited when I saw Fraggle Rock on Hub tv. Now my one year old daughter is in love with the show and gets excited if we just say "Fraggle Rock". How I enjoy watching it with her and seeing her dance and sing right along with them. :smile:
My mom's friend was here yesterday, scrapbooking, while I watched the last three episodes (gotta love Netflix :excited:). She told how she used to watch the show with her son and sang along with the theme song. She recognized all the characters, and made special mention of Junior and Doc. Good times. (FYI: Fraggle Rock did an excellent finale :coy:).

beakerfan76

Reaction score
Now that I have The Hub, I'd like to say my opinion on their treatment of the Fraggles and the channel itself.

I'll start with the channel itself. Overall, it's not bad, though they seem to love commercials, mainly for toys owned by Hasbro (One game show is essentially a 30 minute commercial for their line of board games). Before you tell me, yes I know Hasbro partially owns the channel. It's a mix of their older stuff (Like Endurance and other things from Discovery Kids), reruns (Fraggle included) and new material.

As for their treatment of Fraggle Rock, the episode prints are on par with the DVDs, though they may be a little worse. There's some weird edits, I presume to air more ads and not for decency purposes. However, these minor complaints vented, it's great to finally see Fraggle Rock on TV again, though like I said, I'm spoiled by the DVDs, what with no edits and commercials and whatnot. :excited:

Wembleyfan

Reaction score
I always watch fraggle rock. One of the episodes I really like though, is the one where they look for treasure, but it turns out the treasure is just music.

Mystic Master

Reaction score
I think its great that Fraggle Rock is back on the air - I usually put a few episodes on the DVR and watch them when I have time. I'm trying to get my nephew involved so he'll grow to like it as well, but he usually only wants to watch Labyrinth, heh.

Puckrox

Reaction score
From what I've read on here, it's great that they're airing Fraggle episodes again, but it's lame that they have to make cuts in the episodes. Understandable, but lame.

Unfortunately, I don' have The Hub, due to the fact I'm a broke college student. Thank God for Netflix and having every Fraggle episode on instant watch. I'm watching one right now as I type! :coy:

beakerfan76

Reaction score
You're not missing much. Like I said, most of the cuts are made to accommodate more commercial time (Since the Hub exists mainly to sell Hasbro toys). I've been spoiled by DVDs, what with no real edits and no commercials.

Despite the flaws, it's nice to have something Fraggle related on TV again.