Your Thoughts: Fraggle Rock on The Hub beginning October 10, 2010

Erine81981

Reaction score
Well since i really don't know where the cuts end or begin it really doesn't bother me. I have all the seasons sets but i would rather watch them on TV then have to get out the DVD and put them in. I watched one yesterday about when Red, Mokey, Gobo and Wembley do a race and Mokey gets left behind so Red is left with Landford. It's one of the ones i remember when it aired on i think either HBO or Disney. But i don't mind it at all.

Puckrox

Reaction score
And, as I said, there's always Netflix. They have every episode up on instant watch on the internet, and all are uncut. :coy:

beakerfan76

Reaction score
I was going to get some for my iPod Touch soon, they have an ala carte episode list or you can get whole seasons.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well since i really don't know where the cuts end or begin it really doesn't bother me. I have all the seasons sets but i would rather watch them on TV then have to get out the DVD and put them in. I watched one yesterday about when Red, Mokey, Gobo and Wembley do a race and Mokey gets left behind so Red is left with Landford. It's one of the ones i remember when it aired on i think either HBO or Disney. But i don't mind it at all.
The cuts are an annoying part of having to fit in more commercials, but it was stated that these were already cut for the Hallmark channel (or whatever it is).

But Fraggles on TV is a boon for people who are casual fans who might warm up to getting those season sets or downloading them from Netfilx or wherever. Some things you just need to watch on TV again to bother getting or putting stock into. How many of you have seen movies you didn't bother to see in theaters or rent becuse you didn't think you'd like them only to enjoy it so much as to track it down for home video?

But my case, as Indiana Jones would say... Cable! Why does it always have to be cable? And still an odd channel not everyone gets. But hey, I'd rather get the DVD's anyway. Already got the first season, just 3 more to go.

monkeyjb1988

Reaction score
I think its great that Fraggle Rock is back on the air - I usually put a few episodes on the DVR and watch them when I have time. I'm trying to get my nephew involved so he'll grow to like it as well, but he usually only wants to watch Labyrinth, heh.
You make that sound wrong. Both are some of Henson's great work. Only difference is that Labyrinth looks better in HD and Fraggle Rock looks more colorful.

You're not missing much. Like I said, most of the cuts are made to accommodate more commercial time (Since the Hub exists mainly to sell Hasbro toys). I've been spoiled by DVDs, what with no real edits and no commercials.

Despite the flaws, it's nice to have something Fraggle related on TV again.
The only edit I noted was the theme song, only because they had Fraggle Rock video commercials on my Dinosaur VHSs. Even that, they did it so it wasn't that noticeable. Just the fact that there's a cut in the middle of the song. Other than that, kudos to Hub for doing a decent edit job, even on the theme.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
And, as I said, there's always Netflix. They have every episode up on instant watch on the internet, and all are uncut. :coy:
I gotta remember that, thanks for the tip. I tried checking them out from the library once but that didn't work out to well. We get the netflix stuff through our Wii.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Sorry about double posting but I have a question about Fraggle Rock on the Hub. I'm recording it on DVR and I was going through scheduling recordings and found that at the end of May, when it get's to the beginning of season 4, it has sorta stoppe showing. It still shows at 12 but not at 6:30 any more and the ones showing at 12 aren't at the same point in the series. Anyone know what's going on or have any suggestions where to pick it up?

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Cool thanks. I'm glad Fraggle Rock is still going a little. Although, from what I've seen of the schedule it looks like it's gonna backtrack a bit. It almost looks like it's gonna revert to the group that's now in the first season again.

Scooterfan5

Reaction score
I actually started watching Fraggle Rock for the first time on The Hub! I'm so glad it's on TV everyday:excited: