New Muppet movie 'female lead' casting development

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Surprised no one else has posted the scoop yet.

Though the size of the role isn't mentioned, she is mentioned as being courted to 'star alongside' Jason Segel as the film's human protagonist.

The 'she' in question is... Amy Adams!

Hope this comes to be!

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Nick22

Reaction score
i rully hope this is true! amy adams is an amazingly perfect actress! :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
This is mentioned in the film thread, but it's a great development! :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
"FEMALE FILM LEAD? ! ? ! LEMME at that FROG!" :mad:

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
Amy Adams is in final negotiations to star in Disney’s The Muppets. The deal is not yet closed, but sources tell EW.com that she is nearing a signed agreement to play Jason Segel’s girlfriend who joins him on a road trip to Los Angeles to the Muppet Studios. The film, which reunites the Muppets on the big screen for the first time since 1999′s Muppets From Space, will be directed by James Bobin (co-director of Flight of the Conchords) from a script by Segal and Nick Stoller (director of Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Get Him to the Greek).
Production is set to begin in November in Los Angeles and will introduce a new Muppet named Walter. Disney has set Christmas 2011 for its release date.

dmoss

Reaction score
What a perfect fit for the Muppets! Amy Adams would be a great addition to the movie! :big_grin:

Slackbot

Reaction score
sources tell EW.com that she is nearing a signed agreement to play Jason Segel’s girlfriend who joins him on a road trip to Los Angeles to the Muppet Studios.
I hope this is not another film that revolves around the human characters rather than the Muppets. Especially if it involves them auditioning--we've had such good luck with that plot before.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hope this is not another film that revolves around the human characters rather than the Muppets.
That's the one thing that worries (I shouldn't even say worry,... concerns) me a tiny bit. Even then, I have faith in them. They really have a passion to do this movie, and passion is what the Muppets need right now.

Last thing we need is a film with a director who's philosophy is, "Take away a poignant ending and replace it with a banal one... for some day, you'll make the most meh children's cinema in HISTORY!" :big_grin: