Your Thoughts: It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie Widescreen DVD

Drtooth

Reaction score
Disc 2 is just some dude singing Christmas carols. What the frog? I haveb't watched the rest yet. So, disc 2 is a dud, but we are getting the whole film in widescreen so that makes this frogboy happy! :smile:
Widescreen is the only reason to buy this, isn't it. We're not even going to get the long lost Snoop Dogg scene. Other than that, it's basically the same DVD WITHOUT the Pepe segment. So basically, you're getting even less? And Disk 2 is complete fail?

Yeah... Widescreen isn't enough for me to want to buy up something that, while I really like it, I don't watch all too often anyway.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
What a disapointment.

Why on earth would Muppet fans want a bloke singing Christmas songs to be included with a Muppet DVD, where is the connection?

Chris:mad:

rexcrk

Reaction score
I'll definitely be getting this at some point! I've got it on my wish list and I hope I'll get it as a gift. Otherwise I'll just buy it myself.

But I love this movie so getting it in its proper aspect ratio is reason enough for me to double-dip! And I definitely watched the old DVD of it enough times to justify re-buying it lol.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I just might get this. :smirk:

I think ten bucks is reasonable for a 2-disc widescreen release, when you consider that the single-disc fullscreen set me back 14, on clearance, five years after it came out :smile:mad:smile:.

Also, I've been looking for a CD of some unknown singing Christmas carols (and, no, that is not a joke :batty:).

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I just might get this. :smirk:

I think ten bucks is reasonable for a 2-disc widescreen release, when you consider that the single-disc fullscreen set me back 14, on clearance, five years after it came out :smile:mad:smile:.

Also, I've been looking for a CD of some unknown singing Christmas carols (and, no, that is not a joke :batty:).
Yeah, it's really not that bad at all. I could always go for more Christmas music no matter who's singing... and I love getting Christmas movies - except as Christmas presents (what's the point in getting it on Christmas Day? Then you'll only have one day to watch it and then have to put it away until next December).

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
This is what you do. Buy the new DVD set, scrap the strange CD inside and replace it with the old version thathas the Pepe special feature! :rolleyes: all in one:smile:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
ooh- I'm torn here. I love the new packaging but I'm kinda bummed that I would actually be losing a special feature to pick up this new DVD over the 2003 release. I love "It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie" though- probably one of my favorites of the newer Muppet TV-movies of recent (though I enjoy all of them really:smile:)- and widescreen is a nice option. I just don't know if I can justify spending ten bucks on this when I could use that for something else. (I resisted the urge to just grab it up at Wal-Mart the other day- I had to research it some more first to see what the reviews are. And those have been helpful, but...I'm still thinking on it. Maybe eventually...):concern::search:

beaker

Reaction score
So...it's the same as the 2003 dvd release, minus the Inside The Actor's Guild spoof with Pepe? And with a random throwaway Christmas carol cd with no relation... hmmm

It's like, I never rebought the Muppet movie when Disney released it, as they stripped the dvd of all the cool bonus features/deleted scenes from the original dvd release(well they added the Pepe spotlight, but other than that not much else)

I got Letters To Santa(which I love!), the first time Very Muppet Movie dvd, Kermit Swamp Years, Ed Sullivan and the Muppets dvd, Muppet Show Season 1-3 *all* as soon as they came out. But sadly I just don't see much reason to buy this.

Maybe if it had new deleted scenes, featurettes, longer cut, *something* I might prefer widescreen, but I can live with full screen.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
That is way to much work for me I'm to lazy.
It's too much worek to stick a DVD in the case's CD slot? M'kay. :crazy:

At 10 bucks I think it's worth it for the widescreen. More Muppety goodness in the corners and room for the frame to breathe. :cool: