We Have a Picture of Walter AND MORE NEWS!

Drtooth

Reaction score
If there is any doubt anyone has that this film is going to happen, Walter came and blew it sky high. YAHHHHOOOOO!

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Looks interesting and a great picture. Kermit looks a little odd, like he's floating behind Fozzies leg?

Great to see all the other characters looking so good.

Cant believe we have got to wait over a year til we get to see this.

Chris

Mupp

Reaction score
Looks interesting and a great picture. Kermit looks a little odd, like he's floating behind Fozzies leg?
Perhaps he is sitting on a little platform attached to the table? :coy:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Dude! Rowlf! ROWLF!

But ah... where are the penguins? :zany:

beaker

Reaction score
Walter is by far the most generic looking Muppet ever, perhaps bordering on looking out of a Henson influenced kid's show...however, given the geniuses writing this I think that may be the point. He's suppose to be plain looking as can be... I have no doubt it will be his personality and drive that will shine

But this premise kind of blows my mind, and definitely begs three important questions:

1. Can we throw all Muppet canon out the window, if the plot of this movie are two fans of the Muppets trying to help them? Tough pigs is right, this is a very meta, if not meta-meta plot. (Ok, Adaptation by Spike Jonze was meta-meta) This idea is so freaking genius, and I can only imagine how trippy and odd(in a good way) it will be for the Muppets past accomplishments and productions to be acknowledged in their own film without breaking any forth walls But this whole premise is intriguing(treating the muppets like in the real world and acknowledging their wide body of work)

2. Given fans have complained when Kermit and the gang wasnt at the forefront of a movie(like MFS), how does everyone feel that the main stars and focus so far seems like it will be Jason, Amy and this new guy Walter? Will the posters be those three featured prominently with photoshopped stock Muppets way in the background?

3. If Jason is a real human, and Walter is a puppet "human"...do the Muppets know they are puppets, as they sometimes comment "don't look down" or have in the past remarked about Jim Henson. Or do we just accept the Muppets themselves are their own species we accept in the canon of both film and real life appearances? Ive not seen one modern talk show with the Muppets that didnt treat them as being real actors and going to great lengths to obscure their performers to maintain the illusion.

I always felt it cheap when stuff like Greg the Bunny referred to themselves as "puppets". In the film Garfield, people didnt say "oh look, its a computer generated cat talking to us"

Mupp

Reaction score
I always felt it cheap when stuff like Greg the Bunny referred to themselves as "puppets".
Greg the Bunny was a completely different concept, a sitcom on Fox, not associated with the Muppets whatsoever.

On Greg the Bunny, "puppets" were considered a real species. Living, breathing individuals not controlled by anyone.

I think that its safe to say that in this upcoming movie, the Muppets are real beings.

That is, Kermit is a real frog, Fozzie is a real bear, and so on, same as they have always been.

Despite the little in-joke of "don't look down" and such, in general the Muppets have always been considered real living, breathing, individuals. They are not puppets, they are real, and have occasionally been recognized as celebrities. Like in "VMMCM"

And I'm sure that they will no doubt continue that.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I always felt it cheap when stuff like Greg the Bunny referred to themselves as "puppets".
Out of curiosity do you feel the same way about the cartoon characters in Who Framed Roger Rabbit calling themselves "toons"?

In the article it says that Walter is like one of the Muppets and wants to join them because he doesn't know anyone else like him (I wonder how his family looks). Given that I wonder if the Muppet Wiki article on him should categorize him under "Muppet Characters".

Of course if Walter is going to have a celebrity voice I guess he won't be used afterwards (unless maybe as a recycled puppet).