Your Thoughts: Sesame Street at Macy's 2010 Thanksgiving Day Parade

MuppetLabsBoy

Reaction score
So, what did you guys think of the song they sung? I liked it!:wisdom:

SpinneyBigBird1

Reaction score
Big Bird

I loved the song they sung in the parade, and it was great to see all of the cast together (whereas last year when they had only 5 human characters) but I noticed Big Bird looked a little...wobbly. I don't know if it was Matt Vogel inside the Bird (Caroll never performs in the parade) but my money is on he wasn't. The lip-synch was a little off and he kind of looked (for lack of a better word) hammered. He was swaying a lot and his head rolled around a lot. I'm just wondering. I think it was a different puppeteer inside the Bird, maybe one who is not used to performing him. I loved the performance, don't get me wrong (I love it when Nitya sings!) and seeing Susan, Gina, Alan, Gabi, and the rest together just warmed my heart. Happy Thanksgiving! :wisdom::wisdom:

SSLFan

Reaction score
SpinneyBird pretty much said everything I was. So raises the question- If not Matt, who else was inside Big Bird?:wisdom::wisdom:

Otherwise, still a pretty good performance.:super:

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I loved the song. Does anyone know if that songs is on a CD somewhere. But it was a great presentation on the float.

MuppetLabsBoy

Reaction score
I loved the song they sung in the parade, and it was great to see all of the cast together (whereas last year when they had only 5 human characters) but I noticed Big Bird looked a little...wobbly. I don't know if it was Matt Vogel inside the Bird (Caroll never performs in the parade) but my money is on he wasn't. The lip-synch was a little off and he kind of looked (for lack of a better word) hammered. He was swaying a lot and his head rolled around a lot. I'm just wondering. I think it was a different puppeteer inside the Bird, maybe one who is not used to performing him. I loved the performance, don't get me wrong (I love it when Nitya sings!) and seeing Susan, Gina, Alan, Gabi, and the rest together just warmed my heart. Happy Thanksgiving! :wisdom::wisdom:
Yeah, his head bobbing made him look at little bit off.:wisdom:

SpinneyBigBird1

Reaction score
Mystery Bird Revealed!

According to Alan Muraoka who took pics of the entire event, the man who was playing the Bird was...

NOEL MACNEAL

:wisdom::wisdom::wisdom:

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i actually mentioned to my family that the guy performing Big Bird must be the warmest one at the whole parade

KirbTreelo05

Reaction score
I basically missed it when it was on. I was watching three parades at a time, and when I switched back to Macy's, they were wrapping up the song...Luckily, someone posted it on YT. :smile:

@SpinneyBigBird1:

Really? I didn't know he still serves as Big Bird's backup. I thought the man at 01:09 in Marty Robinson's parade video looked familiar. xD

theprawncracker

Reaction score
According to Alan Muraoka who took pics of the entire event, the man who was playing the Bird was...

NOEL MACNEAL

:wisdom::wisdom::wisdom:
That's rather understandable... Matt Vogel is in Los Angeles filming the new Muppet movie and he wouldn't be able to get back to NYC for a single parade and then fly straight back out to LA.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Was this the first parade in years not to include Herry, Alice, or Barkley? I don't know if their absense is due to Sesame Workshop's recent financial problems (possibly allowing for less performers to appear) or if maybe the characters are no longer usable to perform or what.