2011 Muppet Movie plot officially announced

beaker

Reaction score
In one semi-recent interview with Jason, he said they had about a month left to go on it.
They'll probably be doing pickups here and there for the next few months, especially if a last minute big celeb cameo opens up...though just a guess. I imagine there may be some scenes requiring a bit of cgi and heavy post production effect shots.
Sooooo cant wait for the first bit of promotional material to come out. Im disappointed there was no teaser during the holiday movie trailers tho. They NEED a super bowl ad.

Hey, I ain't making that mistake again. Though I did walk away with a couple things.

People obsessed about Family films and the ratings system will laugh uproariously at the very same once considered vulgar rap music they would have written complaint letters to radio stations, especially if it's used out of context. They'll also laugh uproariously at dumb jokes in the Gnomeo and Juliette trailer. Yeah... I'm not going to one of these again, and the longer I was there, the more I realized what a mistake it was. Yeah, I should have waited the 2 hours and saw Rapunzel.

It does remind me of a line from a cartoon I once saw, and to get to the complaints department you had to take the tour, to which the guy says "It's a lousy tour, so you'll have more to complain about."

And all things considered, it was STILL less embarrassing than Yo Yogi! Oh well, at least they didn't turn the concept upside down. You don't know how many of these films just abandon the concept.

Heh, Im just teasing ya. Goodness knows I've seen a lot of films people would question my sanity for. I saw Recess the movie opening day(and I was pretty much almost graduated from college), consider Emperors New Groove and Fantasia 2000 some of my all time fave Disney 2d films, and I've seen all the modern Pooh movies in theaters(even ones people consider cheapquels)

Btw, did you see the brilliant spoof alternative ending of the cgi Yogi Bear? Its a spoof of the ending of the Assassination of Jesse James Western, looks like its official but its not

Drtooth

Reaction score
Btw, did you see the brilliant spoof alternative ending of the cgi Yogi Bear? Its a spoof of the ending of the Assassination of Jesse James Western, looks like its official but its not
Eh, I pictured a more apropos ending having Yogi lunge on stage of the corrupt politician who sold out all the resources, pulling off his head, which is a mask, and having Mitt Romney underneath.

Hey I TOLD you I took it for an allegory of what happened to Massachusetts under him. Come on, someone who blows the budget (though in Mitt's case, falsely slashing budgets) and caring more about being elected to higher office (he spent most of his time as governor trying to run for president). But enough about that one.

muppetperson

Reaction score
A while back, there was some reports that Barbara Eden would do a Cameo in the Muppets Movie and I asked if anyone could confirm it.I couldnt find that post anymore, but I have now found out through www.barbaraeden.com that she didnt have a part in the movie.

Muppetaz

Reaction score
does anyone know when and where they will be filming soon?

Muppetaz

Reaction score
thanks, but do you know where in californa I might still find them. and yes I do have windmills in my mind. :crazy:

beakerboy12

Reaction score
Well, I'm not certain, but I think they filmed in Los Angelos.

fozziecub10

Reaction score
Not to be a complainer but isnt this (almost) the same plot as A Very Merry Muppet Movie?

The one where they have all gone their seperate ways ( like Manhatten), only instead of destroying the Muppet Theatre they make it into Club Dot or something?

They should have made it Muppet Studios from Muppets Tonight I think to make the Telethon thing more realistic, but then I enjoy all the muppets stories, so will see. :wisdom:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Well, technically it was never destroyed, 'cause that was an alternate universe.