Your dream 2011 Muppet Promotions

Drtooth

Reaction score
I also have to chime in with the wish for GOOD plush/puppets. Not just for Disney's Muppets but also SW's Sesame Street.

Now granted, since the Muppet fandom community got spoiled with the poser replicas most plushes that aren't meant to be high-dollar limited edition replicas will pale in comparison but really, it's been way too long (1970's!) since there's been a good line of toy Muppet puppets and Fisher Price as well as the various SST puppet lines demonstrated that yes, it is possible to make mass produced reasonably priced toys that were good (if not awesome) representations of The Muppets without crossing that line of being confused with the real puppets.
Fisher Price's line of 40th anniversary plush have been pretty good looking. In fact, they have the absolute BEST Count VonCount plush ever to hit the market... even better than the 20 dollar Gund one.

TP reported that last year's Toyfair, Disney had plush of the main 5 that looked very close to the puppets that they were witholding for the movie, either the further it got into production or for the movie... strange that they had something almost 2 years away there...and they wouldn't allow photos, so I'll take their word.

Sababa did a good job too... though, some of the smaller plush lacked the detail necessary to make them look more like the puppets (In the Electric Mayhem set, I felt if they did them bigger, they would have really captured the likenesses better... that and if Janice had the yarn hair and Zoot had the thread hair).

All and all, it can be done, but there is a huge difference between a plush pattern and a clay sculpted figural mold. As long as we don't get anything like the recent crop of crane game toys. Those were HORRIBLE!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Fisher Price's line of 40th anniversary plush have been pretty good looking. In fact, they have the absolute BEST Count VonCount plush ever to hit the market... even better than the 20 dollar Gund one.
If only the anniversary plush collection had included Murray Monster (and Herry... and Bruno... okay I'll stop now).

I'd like to see an official Muppet collectibles guide.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
No offense, but while I like a lot of the ideas suggested in this thread thus far, I do feel the need to say that we might be asking for too much from Disney again.

Besides, asking for too much leads to disappointment and nobody wants to be disappointed.

dwmckim

Reaction score
No offense, but while I like a lot of the ideas suggested in this thread thus far, I do feel the need to say that we might be asking for too much from Disney again.

Besides, asking for too much leads to disappointment and nobody wants to be disappointed.
...uh you may want to reread the title and the first post of this thread. It's for listing out our dreams, wishes, imagination, fan-fiction - stuff we would love to see regardless of actual possibility of it happening or not.

Yes, we know people from Disney are watching this thread so are are a lot of suggestions that are very earnest in regards to what they should be doing and potential missed opportunities that they shouldn't overlook in the next year, but regardless, this is for our wildest dreams ultimately.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see Disney bring back things like Fossil Muppet watches in assorted styles, pvc figure sets, quality-likeness plushes and actual calendars and posters with nice new images.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The sad thing is, I sort of agree with that. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than bitterly disappointed. We should expect something sizable, but not so much as to become embittered if all we see is half or less what we're asking for.

At this point I just want Boom and Disney to renegotiate the Muppet comics license. At LEAST release the Four Seasons upon completion.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Back in 1999 Pepsi (or was it coke?) had a Star Wars Episode I promotion, with Star Wars characters on the cans along with some info. I think soda companies have also done similar things with other big releases. But I'd like to see Muppet soft drink cans. Cans including images of Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Animal, Walter, Uncle Deadley, and whoever else is among the main cast. Heck when Muppets From Space came out I hoped for that movie to get this kind of treatment.

I know I've wished for a lot of stuff, but if I had to settle for just a handful of items, I'd be most contempt with...
  • The Muppet Show: Season Four and one other Muppet DVD release.
  • A new Muppet album (besides that "Muppets Revisited" or a soundtrack to the new movie)
  • A line of good quality (if not Palisades quality) Muppet toys. It doesn't have to include the obscure fan favorites, as long as it has more than just the main five (and perhaps Walter and Uncle Deadley).
  • Some sort of new Muppet video game.

And also for it to be easier to find copies of the "Muppet Classics" trade paperbacks and Henson's Place in stores.

muppfozz

Reaction score
Me Too

:rolleyes:
I have just been through all nine pages and all the suggestions sound good to me.
I myself would like to see Seasons 4 and 5 of The Muppet Show come out on DVD, same with the uncut Muppet Family Christmas. Also some of the specials like Muppets Go To The Movies would be good. I would also like it if they put out the entire run of the Sesame Street and Muppets comic strips in book form.
:rolleyes:I am with you in waiting to see seasons 4 and 5 of the Muppet Show and all the others . I would love to have John Denver and the Muppets Christmas on dvd too. I would love to see all the muppet show songs and the muppets songs that have been on tape put on cd......I would LOVE a Muppet Print shop........:halo:

muppfozz

Reaction score
Yes Yes Yes

Please please please please re-release Muppet TV specials on DVD. The Frog Prince... Tale of the Bunny Picnic... these NEED to be seen and loved by a new generation of children.

:smirk:YES ! I agree with you. But I wonder if the next group of children would see them as for babies . You know these days children like want lots of action and gross stuff. Look at the new "G" movies coming out these days.... Some are very scary, violent and NOT something I would want my child to see. Tale of the Bunny Picnic and The Frog Prince are soooooo cute......:embarrassed:

beaker

Reaction score
@minor muppets: I agree about the food tiein promotions, be it grocery items or fast food. That'd be amazing, and Im pretty sure we'll see something like that

Now folks, imagine action figures with accessories in this scale:
http://i53.tinypic.com/2m5cp5g.png