Your dream 2011 Muppet Promotions

Drtooth

Reaction score
@minor muppets: I agree about the food tiein promotions, be it grocery items or fast food. That'd be amazing, and Im pretty sure we'll see something like that
I wish people would pull their heads out of their butts about how fast food/junk food tie ins are EVILS and give us something great. Imagine a collectible Muppet figure series from McD's... even those schmug pugly plush toys from 8 years ago would be welcomed for me.

I want to see GOOD merchandise... I'm not expecting 2002 Palisades and everyone and their Mama type stuff... but at least a small figurine set from the Disney Store would be nice.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
i might have an idea we know that during the credits on disney channel they tell whats comming how about get rizzo and pepe to do it:wink:

beaker

Reaction score
I wish people would pull their heads out of their butts about how fast food/junk food tie ins are EVILS and give us something great. Imagine a collectible Muppet figure series from McD's... even those schmug pugly plush toys from 8 years ago would be welcomed for me.

I want to see GOOD merchandise... I'm not expecting 2002 Palisades and everyone and their Mama type stuff... but at least a small figurine set from the Disney Store would be nice.
Mcdonalds always had the best Disney toys. From that one 90's line that had action figures from every concievable silver and golden age Disney animated movie/short, to the great Monsters Inc toyline. Im sure youre aware of the insane amount of Muppet related food tieins that occurred between the late 80's and early 2000's at fast food places.

I mean I get it...I see the whole push toward every video game being exercise related, I see the rise of Whole Foods and "healthy organic living"(ie: rich suburbanite lifestyles), and eco/environmental green friendly stuff. But man, why does everything magical that we grew up with in the 80's and 90's have to be destroyed? If I had a kid, sure I wouldn't allow much junk food and only occasional fast food. But the joy of getting a kids meal for kids never goes away, and heck even I at 33 get excited when I happen upon a cool fast food toy line(like the Monsters vs Aliens line at McD)

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I remember there was a burger King Line of Lord of the Rings toys that came out with the first movie and it was like a bragging point amongst fans who was able to collect more. I think it would be awesome of the muppets to see a fast food toy line. WE could start a thread "Which One Did you Get Today?" As for the whole fast food thing I kinda feel like if you don't want the fast food don't eat it and leave those of us who do alone.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I mean I get it...I see the whole push toward every video game being exercise related, I see the rise of Whole Foods and "healthy organic living"(ie: rich suburbanite lifestyles), and eco/environmental green friendly stuff. But man, why does everything magical that we grew up with in the 80's and 90's have to be destroyed? If I had a kid, sure I wouldn't allow much junk food and only occasional fast food. But the joy of getting a kids meal for kids never goes away, and heck even I at 33 get excited when I happen upon a cool fast food toy line(like the Monsters vs Aliens line at McD)
I remember there was a burger King Line of Lord of the Rings toys that came out with the first movie and it was like a bragging point amongst fans who was able to collect more. I think it would be awesome of the muppets to see a fast food toy line. WE could start a thread "Which One Did you Get Today?" As for the whole fast food thing I kinda feel like if you don't want the fast food don't eat it and leave those of us who do alone.
There's such an annoying intricacy about this. It's not so much just a movement of hypocritical poser environmentalists and their holier than thou-ness, but mostly from parental groups who feel the need to ban everything so they don't have to say "no" to their precious spoiled brats. Sure, they have one or two hack pediatricians and child psychologists on their staff to try to bring studies and statistics to their selfish goals. These are the very same people who made sure cartoons were inoffensive and bland and unrelatable. They just want everyone else to raise their kids except them. Not to mention the people who think they're doing a good thing who never feed their kids anything but high end food because they can afford it.

Now, I've said this hundreds of thousands of millions of times, you can ALWAYS buy the toy without the food. I think to solve the blame game, they need to put up on the menu that they indeed sell these things alone.

But above all, it's not even just the banning... it's the letter writing and bad press. It's one thing to pull the toys out of kids hands to help solve a complex issue the media oversimplifies (because if there's no outrage over something, there's outrage that there isn't outrage), but they also want to villify any company that refuses to comply to, again, one size fits all, bandaid solutions. So basically, if Disney were to put a Phineas and Ferb figure in with those fries, they'd whine and moan and toss a big stink. So now, companies are actually too afraid NOT to comply due to threats of bad press. So the toy licences are changing as well to become educational toys and junk like that... because now you can argue, "HEY! We care! We have crayons you can easily buy at Target for 50 cents."

I just want ONE company to draw the line and say, "look! We WANT to make money and put cartoon characters on candy and givaways." it's the only merchandise some shows ever get (I cherish my SuperCow from Taco Bell). But just to say, if you don't want your kids eating junk food, DON'T buy them junk food. Spend the extra 20 bucks and get a babysitter when you go grocery shopping. I've seen a lot of interviews with these stick in the mud parental groups and that's their only concern... Not having to say no and deal with their brat kids.

And of course this trickles down to kids programming being unprofitable... and they ARE looking at getting rid of commercials for over the fast food counter toys as well... I don't wanna spend 8 more months complaining about them right here.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
When we get closer to the movie, it would be great if The Disney Channel or ABC Family would show all of the Muppet movies on the nights leading up to the release. One Muppet movie a night before The Muppets comes out in theaters. And if they can't show all of the movies on those channels maybe they could show both movies and specials (The Muppets Go to the Movies would be an appropriate choice).

Or I wonder if ABC Family would do a Muppet week during The 25 Days of Christmas, like the Pixar week they did during the last 25 Days of Christmas.

dwmckim

Reaction score
I know i mentioned this earlier in this thread, but more in passing among several other ideas but i really want to "highlight" this. Muppets need one of those "Scene It" games as well as other trivia type games. Would like to see the smaller desktop trivia calendar brought back as well as larger wall calendars (GOOD ones, not ugly poser photos and photoshop messes we've seen 100's of times before)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think Muppets are much better suited on AMC or TCM.
I think it would be great if The Muppets were featured more on TCM, they definitely qualify was classics at this point! :wink:

But I also agree that it would be nice to see them on more accessible network channels. How can we expect the newer generations to like the Muppets if they barely get a chance to see their best work. :wink: