Disney's New Muppets Logo

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Check this out at the top of the page. It looks like Disney has rolled out a new logo for the Muppets featuring Kermit's collar. It will be interesting to see if this shows up in other places as well.

What do you think? Let us know if you like the logo or if you prefer some of the other logos Disney has used.

Reaction score
Yuck. It looks like a leaf fell on top of the M and died there. Or maybe someone is trying to make a statement about what they smoke in their free time. No likey.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
If it'll just be for the movie, fine. It looks kinda odd though. I'd much rather have the older, Muppet-show typeface logo.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I like it - the base of the "M" make it look like Kermit is slighty anorexic or something because it looks like his arms and legs are SUPER skinny.

But maybe it'll grow on me.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
If it'll just be for the movie, fine. It looks kinda odd though. I'd much rather have the older, Muppet-show typeface logo.
I agree, but I do like it as a movie logo if that's what it's for. It'd be sort of cool if they made the other letters look like other Muppets' bodies somehow. It's not a bad logo though with just Kermit.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Mmm... I don't care for it, myself. It looks gimmicky.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There are multiple things I dislike about it.

The type face, save for the Kermit M is very VERY bland. And in a overly simple black font color as well... it just doesn't pop.

Secondly, I dislike the Kermit M completely. Unless the other letters were other characters, then it would be cute at least.

Third, I don't know what I hate more, the word THE or the Disney over the logo. They have been doing a great job integrating the brand, but keeping it a separate entity all its own. I'd hate to see the Disney logo over the word Marvel.

Now, if I had a say, I'd love to see something like Disney presents the Muppets (created by Jim Henson) and at least bridge that together... not saying "Jim Henson's Muppets" or any relation to the Jim Henson company... just a little side thing that says "Created by" similar to "Nickelodeon's Spongebob Squarepants (created by Steven Hillenberg)" That does NOT imply ownership, but rather gives credit to bother the true owners and the one that came up with it.

And frankly, the classic Muppet Show font works WONDERS. It's just a great looking showy font, it's been around forever, and it just gives a bold impression. This is just less than impressive.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Quick pop back since branding is a skill of mine. I don't see why this timeless look isn't used over that clever, but contrived art school student looking composition. Keep it simple! :smile: