Disney's New Muppets Logo

muppetperson

Reaction score
It doesnt impress me.Maybe they could try putting Kermit's eyes in the cavity of the "P's".

muppetperson

Reaction score
Quick pop back since branding is a skill of mine. I don't see why this timeless look isn't used over that clever, but contrived art school student looking composition. Keep it simple! :smile:
Yes, the artwork looks too loaded up on the left.Maybe "uppets" shouldnt be there, but then some people wouldnt know who "The M" are! You should work for Disney.You designed Angelo and this logo much better than them.:smile:

Luke

Reaction score
I don't really like it, the Muppets aren't just about Kermit - I can understand highlighting him as everyone is familiar with him, but they overdo it sometimes

beaker

Reaction score
I definitely do not like it. The first thing that popped in my mind immediately was the Monsters Inc logo. How's it's this ultra generic "impact" type bold font with Disney trying to do a cutesy M
http://www.importadisk.com/Reviews/Monsters-inc-cover.jpg

This is my favorite logo(circa 2003-2005)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7f/Jim_Henson's_Muppets.png

Along with this(2001-2003)
http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww109/neoramen/muppets25years.jpg

I'm sure(hope) it's just temporary as a placeholder.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't really like it, the Muppets aren't just about Kermit - I can understand highlighting him as everyone is familiar with him, but they overdo it sometimes
If it was red and fuzzy, we'd really get upset, wouldn't we?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yes, the artwork looks too loaded up on the left.Maybe "uppets" shouldnt be there, but then some people wouldnt know who "The M" are! You should work for Disney.You designed Angelo and this logo much better than them.:smile:
Aw, thanks. :smile:

My guess is that Disney is attempting to draw a distinction between the Muppet brand and next year's Muppet movie logo. Companies are really concerned with that these days and it's kind of silly.

They're also trying to brand the name "Muppet" with the "Disney" logo and show that even though Sesame characters are called Muppets, that their Muppets have Kermit. That all comes across here, but not in an attractive way. I'd favor some Kermit footprints or just seeing his distinct pupil shape repeated somewhere. Something a little less literal, but personally I think the simple/classic route is always best. There are ways to make old logos look new and appealing without having to make the letters into Muppet cast members.

Luke

Reaction score
If it was red and fuzzy, we'd really get upset, wouldn't we?
haha, i'd go with them dumping the whole idea and trying something different.

Seeing as the whole movie is a take on the whole "classic" element of bringing back these much loved characters (ie - the plot of getting them back together) I would have preferred something classy and traditional, maybe something based on the the Muppet Theater and it's colours/curtains.

I wasn't a fan of any of the most recent logos, too modern, too character based.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Well, Kermit is as much the mascot for "The Muppet Show" Muppets as much as Elmo has become the mascot for "Sesame Street" Muppets (though I still hold to Big Bird for that position.)
This logo isn't totally horrible, but I do like the original font from "The Muppet Show" title better. But it may just be a logo for Amazon.com's page- it might even be something Amazon put together for that rather than Disney. I don't know. But either way, it's just a logo- it's not a real huge thing to me.:smile:

Aaron

Reaction score
This logo may just be for the amazon store.