What if the New Muppet Movie's Villain had a Muppet Sidekick?

Beauregard

Reaction score
I think its cool that we crazy old fans have used UD as an actual villain or villain's sidekicks since the very first fanfics and now (maybe) he'll be used that way in a movie (one written by a freak such as us...hehe.)

dwmckim

Reaction score
If it turns out that the character Cooper was referring to is indeed UD, than that could be a neat use of Muppet history - Cooper's interested in the theatre...UD has long history (predating the rest of the Muppet gang) with the theatre - those initial reports of Bobin looking over Segal's script and going "this would be a good place for Uncle Deadly" now would make quite a bit of sense!

Though i think i'd like to see UD more as an "ally" as apposed to "sidekick/henchman"

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yeah...I had originally been hoping that maybe UD would still be haunting the theatre and be one of the first ones met by the JAW gang...(Jason, Amy, Wilson)...or even GMW gang...(Gary, Mary and Walter)

beaker

Reaction score
If it turns out that the character Cooper was referring to is indeed UD, than that could be a neat use of Muppet history - Cooper's interested in the theatre...UD has long history (predating the rest of the Muppet gang) with the theatre - those initial reports of Bobin looking over Segal's script and going "this would be a good place for Uncle Deadly" now would make quite a bit of sense!

Though i think i'd like to see UD more as an "ally" as apposed to "sidekick/henchman"
Deadly feels more like a bad guy than a good guy. I always saw characters like Deadly, Crazy Harry, Behemoth, Doglion, Luncheon Monster, Big Mean Carl, Gruper, etc as being able to play bad guys in a movie or show.

I can just imagine a dramatic turn where Cooper discovers Uncle Deadly, who feels betrayed by the Muppets or something.
At first I was thinking a new henchman was created for Cooper, but it's now becoming more and more likely that Uncle Deadly is indeed the new villain. Which...by the way, how insanely crazy cool is that? UD hasnt been seen in a zillion years, kept only alive by rabid fan interest. And here he is, about to be one of the main characters of Disney's main holiday tent pole.

INSANE!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I just started thinking... With Uncle Deadley being the villians sidekick, I wonder if there'll be a lot of mainstream Uncle Deadley merchandise.

Drtooth

Reaction score
See, I don't get why people have been erasing Pepe from their minds. Roger did this with the Muppet show, and clearly some of those issues take place in the modern time.
Actually, I've always thought the opposite. The Family Reunion arc strongly hints that the characters have never met Andy and Randy, and Kermit seems to only know them from what Piggy told him about. Otherwise, they'd REALLY have been prepared for them.

I think it's really Segal and other's lack of post JH knowledge; so they may not even be aware of Pepe. Pepe is one of the main Muppet characters whether people like him or not. Removing him or giving him a small role would be a bad move and feel out of place. Now I understand people's frustration with Scooter and Rowlf being left behind for non existent roles.

In regards to the comic, I think Roger's the same way. When it came to the "what is Gonzo" storyline, in an interview someone mentioned he was an alien in MFS, to which Roger replied he didn't actually see MFS. As for Pepe in the movie, we can't be sure until we see it what's going on. Remember, there was a table read, and the script had input from everyone possible, even Pixar... not to mention the fact that when you actually film these things, they tend to go off script in certain situations, so you can bet Bill added a couple lines Pepe didn't have.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
When it came to the "what is Gonzo" storyline, in an interview someone mentioned he was an alien in MFS, to which Roger replied he didn't actually see MFS.
You could argue that's a positive though. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yes, or you could take it that if the comics did follow the canon, and that canon were to accept Gonzo's alien status that such events didn't actually happen yet as well. But the less romantic truth is that he had no idea about what happened in it, keeping only to the pre-Jim days. And that kept the series the tone and style of TMS. Though, I still say, reread the one with Andy and Randy pig. Roger heavily hints that MT didn't happen yet in there, and the cast never met Piggy's relatives. They didn't know what to expect.