What would your Fraggle occupation be?

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Might be a problem there... We'd all be clambering for the storyteller job, lol!
I was thinking about that yesterday. I had this idea that if that ever happened in the rock (where more than one person wanted a job that is typicaly done by only one person) would someone just have to decide who got it. Or would they do something akin to a competion to decide the best person for the job. Or wuld there be more than one person doing the job?

This really doens't have much to do with anything, just a thought.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Hmmm, but a worthwhile thought! We could always have a conpetition. Then someone, (cough me), could write a ballad about it. Of course what would probably happen in the rock is the world's oldest fraggle would probably be called, and apart from a lot of Henchy-bashing, (literally), not much would be accomplished.
:smirk:

As for the RPG, I'd love to do it, but I believe only the mods are allowed to start up games, so you'd have to take it up with them, and I know at least Kevin is hesitant to start up new RPGs. Ed may be too; don't know. If it happens, I'm totally in!
:excited:

Puckrox

Reaction score
As for the RPG, I'd love to do it, but I believe only the mods are allowed to start up games, so you'd have to take it up with them, and I know at least Kevin is hesitant to start up new RPGs. Ed may be too; don't know. If it happens, I'm totally in!
:excited:
Oh, really? Hmmm... well we can get the juices flowing and brainstorm a little, and then one of us can talk to the Mods about it.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I'm not very clued-in to how the whole "developing" part of RPG's start, so I don't know how much help I could be on that. I already have my character in my head, though, LOL. It'd probably be best not to pick a known character and have an original one, though one could probably state such-and-such was their mentor. It'd also be neat to have characters from different locations, such as the Fraggle Cave and the Tree of Life (the Merggles).

Slackbot

Reaction score
I'd be interested in joining this. Heh, it'd be fun to RP as Janken, if the rules permit. I haven't RPed in years, but it's always fun to put on a different personality and hang out. And he already has a job that doesn't overlap anyone else's.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
That's a good idea! As for development, it's pretty much what you did just there. It's all mainly PMing ideas back and forth for now. Then I guess as we get closer to doing it, it'll be more about logistics.

Puckrox

Reaction score
That's a good idea! As for development, it's pretty much what you did just there. It's all mainly PMing ideas back and forth for now. Then I guess as we get closer to doing it, it'll be more about logistics.
I'm right now corresponding with you and Gonzo's Hobbit via PMs. After I'm done watching this episode of Chuck I'm going to message both of you. :smile:

bugmenot

Reaction score
Fraggle Rock could be developed into a great "lite" MMORPG or RPG (even a straight forward "Sierra-style" adventure game). I have thought of how it could be done and there are several "traditional" Fraggle Rock activities that could be successfully converted into a mini-game.

* Exploration of cave tunnel systems.
* Diving / swimming
* Rock climbing
* Music playing
* Eating / Destroying Doozer structures
* Pipe Banging

In addition, there could also be several non-competitive activities as well. I'm guessing that a modern day computer game would better be served as a series of mini-games aimed at youngsters that could either be played independently or loosely-connected to form a story. That might be a viable way of re-introducing the brand to a generation of kids who know almost nothing of the franchise. If a tie-in for a future movie, perhaps it would be better that it be browser-based then an actual stand-alone product. Just my thoughts on the topic.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Maybe, but do you have an idea what activity you'd be best at?

MuppetsFan4Life

Reaction score
An RPG sounds cool! As for my job, I'd love to be part of the Fraggles and the plays they put on. I love to act, so I could probably help out with that. Maybe I could also be in the Fraggle Choir!

Hmm....nope. I'm a soprano, so if I sang a note too high, Fraggle Rock would collapse! Yeah, let's stick to the acting. LOL