The Seventh (Somewhat) Annual Muppet Central Forum Awards 2011

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Another possible solution is to have two rounds of voting. (I think i might have mentioned this possibility last year) First round determines nominations. Nominations can then be announced for final voting for the award winner itself. This method (a) expands the time to get votes in (b) brings in more voters - those that have a harder time choosing have a smaller list to choose from and can also go back and research those specific nominees (instead of trying to remember the entire last year) (c) a nomination list refreshes people's memories of some good stuff they may have forgotten about or not considered (d) In some categories that have such a large amount of possibilities like Best thread or Best Post, it helps eliminate the real scenario of having a 30-way tie because each voter chose something different (e) expands goodwill because more people who didn't ultimately win an award can at least see they were nominated and feel good about that.
I think this is an absolutely brilliant idea. I make a motion that we do this. Is everyone okay with our changing the voting process with nominees for everyone to vote on?

dwmckim

Reaction score
I think this is an absolutely brilliant idea. I make a motion that we do this. Is everyone okay with our changing the voting process with nominees for everyone to vote on?
You know i'm okay with it! And thanks for asking everyone this time before making a big change.

kathy26

Reaction score
is there a way i can be part of this occasion?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'm going to be going through a lot of the threads and such trying to get up to speed on all the what is and then I'm going to try my best to fill out a complet ballot. I encourage all of you to do the same.

We have had votes but none have been complete, so if you want to add anything to yours feel free.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
THE SEVENTH (SOMEWHAT) ANNUAL MUPPET CENTRAL FORUM AWARDS 2011

--UPDATE--

AWARD NOMINATION CHOICES ARE DUE ON SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 27, 2011 TO muppetcentralforumawards@gmail.com
(Those of you who have already voted need not vote again for nomination choices)

AWARD WINNER CHOICES ARE DUE ON SUNDAY, MARCH 6, 2011 TO muppetcentralforumawards@gmail.com

AWARDS CEREMONY, HOSTED BY dwayne1115 AND Aaron TO BE HELD ON SUNDAY, MARCH 13, 2011 ON MUPPET CENTRAL FORUMS

Due to low voting turn outs and high interest in making The Muppet Central Forum Awards a nomination-based contest instead, we have chosen to slightly alter our voting process. The alterations can be seen in the following bullet-points, edited from the original rules on the first page of the thread.
  • First and foremost, copy and paste the list of award categories into an e-mail and enter your votes for the categories.
  • Please fill out the ballot with your opinions for the best of each category and submit them to muppetcentralawards@gmail.com by Sunday, February 27, 2011.
    • You do not have to vote in all of the categories. (Although it is encouraged.)
    • Absolutely no voting for yourself.
    • Campaigning for yourself is allowed, as long as it does not get out of hand. (Acceptable means of campaigning include: campaigning via signatures, campaigning via avatar, and campaigning in THIS thread.)
    • You may vote for a forum member in more than one category. (e.g. I vote for Beauregard for Funniest Member of 2010 and Biggest Supporter of The Jim Henson Company in 2010.)
    • Any ballots posted in this thread (or anywhere else) will NOT be counted. All ballots MUST be sent in an email to muppetcentralawards@gmail.com (Your email will not be known by anyone but me and will NOT be used for any purposes other than to count your votes.)
  • After Sunday, February 27, 2011, the ballots will be counted and a new list of 2011 Muppet Central Forum Awards NOMINEES will be posted in a NEW thread on Muppet Central Forum.
    • Five nominees will be selected and presented to you, the voters, in each category. (Except The Muppet Central Forum Lifetime Achievement Award, which will only have three nominees.)
    • At this time, we ask you to please copy and paste the ballot into another email and select ONLY one of the nominees as your choice for the winner of that category. Send this new ballot in an email to muppetcentralawards@gmail.com by Sunday, March 6, 2011.
    • Once again, you do not have to choose a winner in every category, but we highly encourage you to research the nominees and vote in every category. This helps us to have a more fleshed-out awards season with a wider array of opinions.
  • Your votes will be tallied together to decide the winners of the awards, which will be presented at The Seventh (Somewhat) Annual Muppet Central Forum Awards Ceremony on Sunday, March 13, 2011.
    • Attendance at the Awards Ceremony on Sunday, March 13, 2011 is not required, but is requested. It's fun, it's free, and, hey, you might win something! For the first time, the Awards Ceremony will be hosted by two Muppet Central Forum members, dwayne1115 and Aaron. We're very excited to have them both working on the awards!
  • And the biggest rule that absolutely MUST be followed... HAVE FUN! ! !
We, The Muppet Central Forum Awards committee implore you to please, please, please vote in both the nominations and winners ballots. We are having an extremely low turn out so far this year, so please submit a ballot with your nominees by this Sunday so we can make this the best Muppet Central Forum Awards yet!

Please see the following post for a slightly edited ballot for the 2011 Awards. If you wish to revote for a category you have already voted for, please send another email to muppetcentralawards@gmail.com with the header "[YOUR NAME HERE]'s REVISED 2011 Ballot."

Thank you all for your input, your support, and, above all, your votes!

~ The Muppet Central Forum Awards Committee

theprawncracker

Reaction score
THE OFFICIAL SEVENTH (SOMEWHAT) ANNUAL MUPPET CENTRAL FORUM AWARDS 2011 VOTERS BALLOT

--UPDATE--
(updated awards are italicized with a brief explanation of the change)

Forum Friends and Family
Funniest Forum Member of 2010
Most Prominent Forum Member of 2010
Most Underrated Forum Member of 2010
Most Creative Current Signature
Outstanding Thread of 2010 (any thread with a post from 2010)
Outstanding Post in Any Thread in 2010 (any post in any thread made in 2010)
Craziest Member of 2010
Most Thoughtful Member of 2010
Outstanding Reporter of Muppet News in 2010
Biggest Muffin Purveyor of 2010
Most Informative Member of 2010
Outstanding New Member of 2010

Muppet Appreciation

Biggest Supporter of The Muppets in 2010
Biggest Supporter of Sesame Street in 2010
Biggest Supporter of Fraggle Rock in 2010
Biggest Supporter of Jim Henson’s Fantasy Worlds in 2010
Biggest Supporter of The Jim Henson Company in 2010
Biggest Supporter of Muppet Merchandise in 2010
Biggest Supporter of Sesame Street Merchandise in 2010
Biggest Supporter of the Muppeteers in 2010
Most Enthusiastic Forum Member of 2010
Outstanding Fan Artist of 2010 (at least one new piece of art posted in 2010)
Outstanding Fan-Fiction of 2010 (at least one update posted in 2010)
Most Dedicated Muppet Fan of 2010

The Muppet Central Forum Lifetime Achievement Award
Previous Winners -
Phillip Chapman
The Count
Beauregard
D'Snowth

When voting for the Lifetime Achievement Award, PLEASE vote for a member who has not won it yet.

Email completed ballot to muppetcentralawards@gmail.com

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Just about to vote, myself... No, no, not voting FOR myself. I mean that I, myself, am about to vote.

Yes. That.

And you should vote, too! Yes. Yes, you should. Because... I said so. And all the cool people do it.