Wild Thornberries DVD (interesting development)

Erine81981

Reaction score
Well i have my opinion and that is i liked it. Now as you can see i said liked it not loved it. I watched it when it first aired being that i was 18 and about in a few day turn 19 but i still watched it. Now there were some episodes that weren't all that great. But i enjoyed some.

I kinda hope that they show old promos for the shows and nicktoons too. I would love to see some older stuff like in-between the commercial breaks and stuff.

mr3urious

Reaction score
RP is a bit of a guilty pleasure for me. However, I can agree with everyone that Otto (the main character) is just plain unlikeable with his arrogance.

Drtooth

Reaction score
As I said, I just have a problem with the Extreme sports fad/buzz word at the time, and the show was little more than a bi-product of that to me.

Of course, I have to put a shout out to All Growed up... yeah, it was a cute little "What if" special... but basing a series around it? Yeah, I have to say I didn't care for the tween sitcom cartoons they made at the time, but I found most of them to be inoffensive. Not ground breaking... though I find Pelswick to be underrated. At least it looked different from CK's line of Tooncoms.

But Rocko and Ren and Stimpy (the GOOD seasons with John K) were some of the best, you gotta admit.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I agree, Growed Up was an interesting special to see the gang as tweens and such, but making a series on it was a little bit of an overkill, but then again, Rugrats did to Nick when KND did to CN: they acted like it their only franchise that was important and such. Heck, wasn't there like another spin-off series that revolved around Anjelica and her best friend, whose name escapes me?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's the interesting thing... Rugrats and Ren and Stimpy weren't originally going to be the big hits they thought, and Doug was the one they thought would be most successful. It was mildly, but it didn't get any merchandise of any kind until the Disney version.

And I honestly think had Ren and Stimpy not been so popular, it would have went down more like Angry Beavers or Invader Zim. They would have just fired the creator and ended it, instead of keeping it on and having increasingly bizarre (and not in a good, fun way, I'm talking crazy homeless guy in the subway saying scary things bizarre) plot lines and uglier and uglier animation.

But Rugrats was their baby... same thing they're doing with Spongebob now. They both climbed to popularity slowly... though I'd say Rugrats was more like Ed Edd N Eddy and became popular later on in the show's life. I wouldn't say KND, but anytime CN had a major hit, they ran it into the ground... did the same thing to PPG, until after the movie, and even then, when Craig moved on to Fosters. But it was like every day was a Rugrats marathon (again, knowledge being second hand, since I never had cable and had to beg the neighbors to let me watch Ren and Stimpy on Saturday nights for a few months).

Now Spongebob is their only thing, which is partially because they haven't found a new series that worked for a while. But consider the fact it's the only thing that isn't on Nick Jr they're running into the ground. I seriously want to see Tough Puppy (only because Butch Hartman created it, and FOP and Danny Phantom were great), but other than that, I could care less until TMNT... which, I hate to reiterate for the trillionth time, but I'm worried about.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Shout! Factory announces Nick show #3, this time we have a live-action show.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Hey-Dude-Season-1/15239

I'll probably have to pass, I have no recollection of ever watching Hey Dude as a kid and don't want to blind buy it. I hope Shout! gets around to releasing more of the great stuff I have fond regard of watching as a kid. Rocko is a good start, and getting two more obscure shows is a step in the right direction. Keep this going, Shout!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
How old is this one? I don't remember even remotely HEARING of it... when I was a kid watching Nick, we had All That, Kenan & Kel, The Amanda Show, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, Figure it Out, The Adventures of Pete and Pete, Clarissa Explains it All, and a few others whose titles are escaping me... but I don't recall this one.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Shout! Factory announces Nick show #3, this time we have a live-action show.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Hey-Dude-Season-1/15239

I'll probably have to pass, I have no recollection of ever watching Hey Dude as a kid and don't want to blind buy it. I hope Shout! gets around to releasing more of the great stuff I have fond regard of watching as a kid. Rocko is a good start, and getting two more obscure shows is a step in the right direction. Keep this going, Shout!

Ducks tomatoes...

Hey Dude? UGH! I HATED that show. If you all recall, I never had cable, and had to get my Nick fix at someone else's house. Sometimes I'd find myself at a boring relative's house on a Sunday, and trying to find solace in something GOOD I find even more boring live action stuff like Hey Dude on there. Now, there's no denying Pete and Pete, All That or Kenan and Kel... Clarissa's okay if you're in the right mood... but Hey Dude just... ugh... Boring show for teenage girls.

I actually had this Nickelodeon "Mushfest" tape I got at a discount store for the soul purpose that it had a Doug episode on it. One lousy 15 minute episode. At the beginning was a nice, pretty funny Rugrats. i didn't mind sitting through that. But in the middle, like a leaden brick sat a Hey Dude I always had to fast forward through.

I really hope the next announcement is a cartoon series. Nick's cartoons were always the most memorable stuff on the network... to a lesser extent, the GOOD live action shows.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh, as for a "Mushfest" tape... I got a good one...

Their 1992 "Mushfest", leading into Nick at Nite, with The Muppets' Valentine Show, back when Nick at Nite had a special Muppet block on Sunday nights (I believe in tribute to Jim's death).

That's where my recording of The Christmas Toy also came from, from a Muppet block on Nick at Nite.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I know I'm a little late to this discussion, but I'm actually dancing in my seat about all of this!

Danny Phantom? Hey Arnold? AHHH! Real Monsters! ROCKO!

My life is flashing before my eyes! And it's a good thing! I'm ecstatic! I'm over the moon! I'm still waiting for that pizza to get here! My life finally has meaning again! HA! HA-HA! HA, HA-HA-HA, HA-HA! :crazy:

And...scene.