A lucky day to buy Muppet DVD's.

Canadian Fan

Reaction score
A Canadian CD/DVD chain of stores is closing this weekend - CDPlus. I went to their store today since all of the DVD's were 30% off and got a three pack of Muppet movies - 'The Muppets Take Manhattan', 'Muppets From Space', and 'Kermit's Swamp Years', plus I was able to get the 'Henson's Place' DVD.

I wanted to have some family-friendly DVD's in the house for when my niece visits or when I'm babysitting and what better way to do that than to introduce her to the 'Muppets'. She claims that she's never saw the Muppets, except for Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock. I've always considered the Muppets to be family-friendly.

Now, I just have to get the remaining Muppet DVD's from Amazon - The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, Muppet Christmas Carol, and Muppet Treasure Island along with It's a Very Muppet Christmas Movie.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Now, I just have to get the remaining Muppet DVD's from Amazon - The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, Muppet Christmas Carol, and Muppet Treasure Island along with It's a Very Muppet Christmas Movie.
Good for you! Those kids don't need to be exposed to The Muppets Wizard of Oz! :wink: Though I think that would be better for the kids than Kermit's Swamp Years.

It might be good to search flea markets and used video/DVD stores to older, out of print Muppet DVDs and videos (depending on whether you or your niece's household still have a VCR) to find older, out of print Muppet DVDs, like A Muppet Family Christmas (though it might be a bad idea to expose her to the edited version).

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Good for you! Those kids don't need to be exposed to The Muppets Wizard of Oz! :wink: Though I think that would be better for the kids than Kermit's Swamp Years.

It might be good to search flea markets and used video/DVD stores to older, out of print Muppet DVDs and videos (depending on whether you or your niece's household still have a VCR) to find older, out of print Muppet DVDs, like A Muppet Family Christmas (though it might be a bad idea to expose her to the edited version).
True, even watching the MFC video as a child I knew something was missing. :eek:

Canadian Fan

Reaction score
True, even watching the MFC video as a child I knew something was missing. :eek:
It makes me wish that I had a region-free DVD player just so that I could get the U.K. version of MFC, which claims to be unedited.

Neither me or my niece have a VCR anymore. She has a lot of Disney DVD's in her collection.

I watched 'Henson's Place' last night and loved it. I enjoy the documentaries/behind the scenes stuff.

Amazon.ca is where I do most of my DVD shopping these days for TV show box sets and other movies because the stores where I live don't have what I'm looking for. They have a good selection of Muppet DVD's in stock all the time.

Canadian Fan

Reaction score
I finally got to see 'Kermit's Swamp Years' and I thought it was a cute movie. I loved the special features on it.

I ordered the rest of the Muppet movies from Amazon, I should get them next week.

I did get a chance to show my niece what the Muppets are by watching a clip of them on AFV via Tough Pigs site. She certainly laughed at Miss Piggy.

Andibcool

Reaction score
As for the region free DVD Player. Many Bluray players can be switched to DVD regionfree with a special remote.

From the Muppetmovies i did find Wizard of Oz, great muppet carper and swamp years not so good.
Letters to Santa i consider as ok but not that great too.

My fovorites are Christmas carol and muppets from space.

My

Canadian Fan

Reaction score
I got my DVD's of 'The Muppet Movie', 'The Great Muppet Caper', 'Muppet Christmas Carol', and 'Muppet Treasure Island'.

I loved the extras with Pepe profiling Kermit, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, and Fozzie Bear.

I wonder why 'The Muppets Take Manhattan' and 'Muppets From Space' weren't considered as part of the 50 anniversary of Kermit releases.

Canadian Fan

Reaction score
I was shopping at Wal-Mart today and I come across Muppet Show DVD box sets. $19.99 each for seasons 1, 2, and 3. Needless to say, I bought them and plan to watch them over the weekend. Too bad seasons 4 and 5 haven't been released. The Muppet Show, I don't remember the last time it aired in Canada, but I remember it airing in the 1980's on CBC weekday afternoons and on YTV in 1989-90.