The Muppet Central Forums Revival needs You!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
THIS IS A MUPPET CENTRAL NEWS FLASH!

(Walks in dressed i an animal shirt that glows in the dark)

This just hot off the presses (paper turns to flames) Wooho wow that is really hot anyways.

We are coming to you live from the Muppet Central Forums where there has been what seems to be some sort of strange revival. Members have come out from no where throwing all kinds of different things at each other from whiped creamed pies to even some kind of bomerang fish.

Now people are starting to ask questions like "where are my exploding socks?" and "why are we having this Revival." To get to the bottem of this last question we ask the co- captin dwayne1115 as to what this revial really means.

Muppet Reporter: Mr 1115 why are you and other members starting this revival?

Dwayne: you can call me Dwayne. We are doing this revival to get members old and new reved up and excited about the Muppets and being a forum member.

Muppet Reporter: So you Mr.1115 are one of the co captins what does that mean your going to do?

Dwayne: Look my last name is not 1115! We plan to go throughout the forums and get people to join us on the Muppet Revial Thread and join in the madness!

Muppet Reporter: And where is this thread at, how do you get there Mr.1115

Dwayne: right here... http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=51704

Just come on by and join in the fun! by the way this is for you reporter. (hand him a muffen will a sparkling candle light)
That will teach ya to call me 1115! (runs and hides)

Muppet Reporter: Well there you have it folks come and join the maddness!. (Looks at muffen) Why me! (Muffen expolods and go all over the reporters face, he falls down)

Wow I thought that guy would never leave! (Throws two whiped cream pies in the air) May they fall where they may everyone better watch out! (Runs out laughing like Crazy Harry):crazy:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
(Tacks up poster of Sam the American Eagle)...

:attitude:: I want YOU to join the Muppet Revival!
(And to be a more patriotic citizen, preferably from America!)
Me: That's great, Sam! Just hold it right there.
Sam: How long do I have to stand here pointing with this cardboard frame around me?
Me: At least through the end of the day. You can do it, Sam.
Do it for the deceny of The Muppets. Do it for me. Do it for America!
Sam: Well, when you put it like that...
(Me: (under my breath) I knew the America part would get to him- heh heh)
Me: (aloud)-Okay- one last thing, Sam. You know I hate to do this to you, but it is for our common goals of decency and decorum- in a twisted sort of way. It's a sign of solidarity.
Sam: Well, for solidarity, it will be okay. I'm certainly a team player.
(Throws apple pie in Sam's face)
Me: There we have it- the finishing touch. Sam, the American Eagle- As American as apple pie- and proud to be a Muppet! Join the Muppet Revival!
Sam: Can I pass out these voter registration cards and Selective Service forms too?
Me: Sure, Sam- sure.:smile:

The Muppet Revival- the next step is up to you! It's the nice thing to do! It's the patriotic thing to do!
:attitude: and Me:- It's the Jim thing to do.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Kelly (happily thuds on the floor, exhausted): Whew! All the awards are done!

Spike (nervously looks around): Am I allowed ta be here?

Kelly (nods): Sure.

Spike: -_- But I ain't a Muppet.

Kelly (gleefully grins): Sure you are! Lessee ... *sticks some cardboard Scooter-like glasses, a felt mask, and a big floppy red fleece tongue on his head* ... there you go! Muppet Spike! *pauses* Hey, wasn't there an actual puppet Spike?

Spike: Dat was dat Angel guy.

Kelly (grins): Yeah, but you're cuter. Ready for the Revival?

Spike: Yer gonna make me go t'rough it anyway, right?

Kelly (laughs maniacally as thunder and lightning accentuate the background)

Spike (sighs, rolling his eyes): At any rate, boys n' gals, we jus' wanted ta let you know dat it's awesome ta see some spring in yer steps. Keep up da good work.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
See, this is what killed the Revival thread: turning it into another Dorms/Hensonville/whatever-esque clique.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I still fail to see what the problem is. To what are you objecting? How come others can have conversations with imaginary friends and not me? Is there some sort of approved list of imaginary particpants I can use? Is there some sort of "Dummie's Guide to Muffining" that I must buy? Seriously ... what is the problem? I am attacked every single time I show up and try to join the blasted conversation. I like this character. I will always like this character. As far as I am aware, there isn't a rule in the ROC that says I CAN'T use this character. I don't go around griping about anyone else's conversations, pointless and shallow that they are (hey, what's good for the goose....). Cut me some slack, 'kay?

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I kinda thought the whole giving voice to the Muppets thing just made it more fun. I don't have an issue with RedPiggy's post- whether it's using a Muppets character or a character from another genre or just an original character.
I had Ted (of Bill & Ted fame) cameo on one of my own posts for that matter.
It doesn't really matter in the long run, does it? It's all just in fun.:smile:

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
(Sitting in the Audience next to Freddy J frog eating popcorn)
Me: Hey Freddy, looks like they are starting to argue again....HEY! quit hogging the pop corn!

Freddy: Needs more butter...pass the Soda.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
:attitude::Is that an approved Muppets character you have there with you, frogpuppeteer?
Me: Sam, calm down. This isn't a closed set. We're open for everyone.
:attitude:: Hmm- as long as they stand for deceny and decorum.
Me: I'm sure they're all about that, Sam. Isn't everyone?
:attitude:: Indeed. Okay- they get a pass this time.
Me: Sam!
Sam: Okay, okay- every time. Welcome to The Muppet Show. I am Sam the American Eagle, your one bastion for propriety at this place. Say- did you guys say you have soda and popcorn?

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Kelly: Thanks for letting me see that someone actually IS interested in "revival". Revivals don't work if you're sticking the knife in the chest, you know. :stick_out_tongue:

Spike: Oh, an' we ain't arguin' ... yet. Dere was jus' some lil' bee gettin' 'is stingah all itchy.

Kelly: Or something ... what does that even MEAN anyway?

Spike: *pauses* Uh, I dunno. Pearl Sinclair I ain't.

Kelly (laughs): Yeah, it takes a certain gift for Southern humor. :stick_out_tongue:

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
The whole point of the revival thing is to create a welcoming experience for everyone and like Dwayne said, be excited about being muppet fans. The revival thread is just where some of us like to gather to blow off random steam and anyone can join in. The idea of the "revial" though is something we're trying to attribute to the whole forum.