Something cool for latex puppet makers

monkeyjb1988

Reaction score
I asked Monster Makers (www.monstermakers.com) if the instructions in their latex mask making book can be applied to making latex puppets. They said yes, but that wasn't the only reason I wanted to post this:

We have a hand armature coming out this summer. It will allow for sculpting the mouth open. The same process can be applied from the mask book. Hope that helps.
Best Regards,

Arnold Goldman
President
The Monster Makers, Inc.
15901 Hilliard Rd.
Rear Building
Lakewood, OH 44107
I already figured the book could be used for puppets, but the news about the hand armature is really good. Hope this helps anyone.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
This is great to learn (I've used their products before), but it's actually very easy to make a hand armature yourself, in fact if do a lifecast of your hand your can be sure that the puppet head will fit your hand like a glove.

monkeyjb1988

Reaction score
This is great to learn (I've used their products before), but it's actually very easy to make a hand armature yourself, in fact if do a lifecast of your hand your can be sure that the puppet head will fit your hand like a glove.
True. You don't even need a life cast for a liquid latex puppet. Just make a hole you can fit your hand through and make the head bigger than that (thank you to Norren Young).

I was excited because there isn't that much about latex puppet making and I thought it was cool Monster Makers thought of latex puppet makers.

I understand someone could do it themselves. Heck, I would cause I have big arms/hands and I doubt it would work with me. I'm just excited about this. :smile: