Ultra rare characters you'd love to see

dwmckim

Reaction score
Okay, there's been a wide variety of major and minor characters on SST over the decades - but what are those super rare characters (modern or classic) that you would have loved to see used more?

For classic characters, my top choice is Salvador Dada. That was just one of Jim's all-time funniest characters period! That was a character that was practically begging to be used more!

For more modern characters i'd say Tom Twinkletoes. Sure both he and the three judges were created to be direct take-offs on the cast members from Dancing With the Stars, but given how Tom Bergeron himself has this ubiquitous "hosts practically EVERYTHING" element to him anyway, that could give his Muppet counterpart the ability to pop up some more places. That was just one of Tyler's funniest performances (and his characters always shine!) If nothing else, he could appear again as a fellow member of the TRIANGLE Lovers' Club!

Would love to see more of the "soup or salad?" guy...that was a quasi gem-mish moment in Season 40 though it was recalling something more recent rather than an old classic.

But one of my absolute favorite new characters to come out of recent years is Mrs. Crustworthy. Though best known for her patiently waiting for Maria to fix her toaster, she also had a "star is born" moment when she was buying cookies from Chris in his debut episode and even her silent cameo dancing in the My Triangle song made me laugh. For awhile there it did seem like this would be a character that would randomly pop up at fun moments and i'd love it they picked that back up.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'd have liked to have seen the characters from the "Long Time No See" number used again. The barber, the lead singer and his friends... Seems they might have made cool recurring characters.

Also Dr. Thad and the Medications (though it seems Dr. Thad and the barber are similar in desing and voice, only being different anything muppet types and having different vocal performers). And How Now Brown and the Moo Wave (did they do more than just the two songs they're known for?).

As far as characters who have appeared in many sketches go, I'd have liked to have seen more Bip Bipodotta, more Little Jerry and the Monotones, more Bruno... So many characters used many times over the years, yet so few known appearances.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I'd like to see the freaky monster I remember from one Street story episode of Sesame Street who was running around stealing from everybody to have been used again so maybe I could track down this character easier and find this episode again!:big_grin:
Okay- but anyway, the Geefle and the Gonk might have been cool in some other appearances. I wouldn't have minded more of How Now Brown and the Moo Wave as well. And maybe the Busby Twins just because I've seen them show up in a number of Sesame Street books but really can't recall ever seeing them on the show itself.
And maybe also Ferlinghetti Donizetti- he was cool.:smile:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Granny Fanny's another one that got far more milage out of book appearances than the actual show itself. Would have liked to see her more in action.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Yeah- I would agree with that one too. And just to segue for a second, what is the deal with Herry Monster in these red striped pants in almost every book appearance I see him in? Did he ever wear such pants on Sesame Street?
Oh yeah- and beyond Granny Fanny Nesselrode, I'd also like to see more of Sam the Robot though he did kinda have more of a heyday than others. Leo the Party Monster and Leo the Juggling Monster would be neat to see more of too.:smile:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Yeah- I would agree with that one too. And just to segue for a second, what is the deal with Herry Monster in these red striped pants in almost every book appearance I see him in? Did he ever wear such pants on Sesame Street?
Hee hee - Herry's pants (in illustrations only) have long been one of those historic Muppet Mysteries! Even on one of the rare occasions where we "saw his legs" we didn't actually see his legs! That might be a good followup to the Oscar's trashcan lid-as-hat question in Jerrod's "?" series!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Maybe Herry has a shedding problem below the waiste and has to wear pants.

minor muppetz

Reaction score

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd settle for just Herry and maybe Guy Smiley... I mean, Guy is recast... Matt and Jerry have a symbiotic puppeteer/voice over relationship... the puppets were rebuilt (at least Guy)... Hey, Sherlock Hemlock... Robert Downy Jr. has those 2 movies (one coming out) and there's that British Sherlock series. The character isn't that far out of the public eye. SS has been doing parodies of stuff that have been around for a while when they come back as movies lately (Indiana Jones, The A Team)... why not a Sherlock episode?

mr3urious

Reaction score
- Dr. Nobel Price and his wacky inventions that already exist.

- Ruby Monster. I love her Cloud Cuckoolander-ish behavior for some reason, plus there are a serious lack of female monsters on the Street.

- Monty, once again for his Cuckoolander-ish behavior.