Disney Dreams Muppet Plush

Drtooth

Reaction score
The best Kermits I've ever seen were the Fisher Price Kermit (which I have) and the Macy's Frogtographer. I've seen good and bad ones, but those were the best commercial Kermits I've seen. They look better than the posers do, they're that close to the puppets...

This Kermit is okay as far as Kermits go, the cardboard/plastic stiffening insert seems warped in that one and it throws the likeness off... Animal's pretty good... I'd buy it. Piggy is just impossible to get right but they're close, but the Fozzie's nose is just a little too downward to look right. If that was moved just a fraction of an inch up, closer to the eyes than the mouth it would look pretty good. Gonzo's one of the best plush Gonzos I've ever seen. They never get the shape of his nose and or eyes right. And when they do, they can never get both right.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I checked Muppet Wiki to see if there was a page for these, but found nothing. I searched "Disney Dreams" and "Disney Dreams Plush" on Google, and that wasn't much help either.

tomahawk

Reaction score
They had a ton of these at Puzzle Zoo in Costa Mesa Ca. when I was at Disneyland two weeks ago for vacation. I was truly surprised. It was the most Mupet stuff I had seen in one place since Palisades.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Well while the design on the shirt was original when Palisades released it, it pretty much matches the daredevil outfit Gonzo wore in the Edgar Bergen, Teressa Brewer, and John Cleese episodes. Though Gonzo wore shorts in the John Cleese episode. I've noticed that with that outfit he's worn different colored capes at times.
Again, of course the outfit is Gonzo-esque, but this plush's outfit *did not* exist in print, style guide, product or production puppet form until the Series Two Palisades Toys Gonzo figure.
Every little bit about it, including the bedazzled triangle, red sneakers and shiny stockings, are like little trademarked bits of that particular product.

Of course Disney now owns that trademarked outfit. These sorts of matters are taken very seriously by license holders and that's why I bring it up. It's one thing to kinda-sorta resemble an old outfit Gonzo wore, but this is a direct facsimile of Series Two Gonzo from top to bottom. I had no hand in the outfit and in fact would probably have gone a little more show-accurate.

The point I was making is how Palisades rebranded the Muppets in so many ways. This is one of those ways. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
They had a ton of these at Puzzle Zoo in Costa Mesa Ca. when I was at Disneyland two weeks ago for vacation. I was truly surprised. It was the most Mupet stuff I had seen in one place since Palisades.
You know what I'm hearing? Disneyland Park Exclusive....

stinks. I could live without most of them, but that Gonzo is TOO good to be true.

tomahawk

Reaction score
You know what I'm hearing? Disneyland Park Exclusive....

stinks. I could live without most of them, but that Gonzo is TOO good to be true.
They aren't park exclusives. In fact they didn't have any of these at the park. Puzzle Zoo is a seperate store altogether. They have an online store and you can get them there too.

Drtooth

Reaction score
They aren't park exclusives. In fact they didn't have any of these at the park. Puzzle Zoo is a seperate store altogether. They have an online store and you can get them there too.
That's good to know. I just hope more stores pick these up.

Again, of course the outfit is Gonzo-esque, but this plush's outfit *did not* exist in print, style guide, product or production puppet form until the Series Two Palisades Toys Gonzo figure.
Every little bit about it, including the bedazzled triangle, red sneakers and shiny stockings, are like little trademarked bits of that particular product.

Of course Disney now owns that trademarked outfit. These sorts of matters are taken very seriously by license holders and that's why I bring it up. It's one thing to kinda-sorta resemble an old outfit Gonzo wore, but this is a direct facsimile of Series Two Gonzo from top to bottom. I had no hand in the outfit and in fact would probably have gone a little more show-accurate.
It really seems (and I forget who confirmed it) that they're just using the toys as reference for other products since those figures came out.

Gonzo'd wearing the same outfit in this snowglobe Minus the cape, maybe. And then again, the Hallmark Ornament of the Swedish Chef borrowed heavily from the Swedish Chef playset. I guess it all and all doesn't matter if Palisades created the look, Henson and Disney owned the copyrights at those times, so anything they put ON the figures became property of Henson then Disney.

I swear there was another toy series that did this and copied heavily off some action figure. I want to say there was something that looked identical to the Simpsons Playmates figures, but I can't remember exactly what they were at this moment.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
That's good to know. I just hope more stores pick these up.

It really seems (and I forget who confirmed it) that they're just using the toys as reference for other products since those figures came out.

Gonzo'd wearing the same outfit in this snowglobe Minus the cape, maybe. And then again, the Hallmark Ornament of the Swedish Chef borrowed heavily from the Swedish Chef playset. I guess it all and all doesn't matter if Palisades created the look, Henson and Disney owned the copyrights at those times, so anything they put ON the figures became property of Henson then Disney.

I swear there was another toy series that did this and copied heavily off some action figure. I want to say there was something that looked identical to the Simpsons Playmates figures, but I can't remember exactly what they were at this moment.

hey! i have that Muppet snowglobe! :smile::smile:

JEP

Reaction score
I highly recommend their online store. I needed another Uncle Deadly figure so I ordered one from their Amazon store on the 6th. They shipped it out on the 7th and I got it today.

Stulz

Reaction score
I saw these last week when I was in Orlando, but not at the parks. While WDW did have a few new things since I was there in Jan. I found these plush (sans Gonzo) at a discount toy store in the mall that had obviously once been a KB Toy. So you may want o check your local mall/ discount over stock retailer.

I'm hoping this is because Disney didn't like the way they turned out and has higher quality merchandise planned to tie in with the new movie. The fact that copyright on these is dated 2009, yet we're just staring to see them now, would seem to back this theory.

but I digress .. we've seen some terrible Muppet product over he years (just look at Tough Pigs' Ugly Toy Contest is you need any reminders)