The 7th Annual Muppet Central Forum Awards Ceremony

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Yeah, maybe divide up the awards for each quarter of the year or something?

Like ...

Spring: Sesame Street-related stuff
Summer: Muppets-related stuff
Fall: Fantasy-related stuff (include Fraggles here?)
Winter: Puppetry + Lifetime-related stuff

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well there are two sections of the Awards, Forum Friends and family, and Muppet Appreciation. Soo maybe if we divided up the two sections and did one at one time and another a nother time maybe that would work.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Wow we are really moving now! All right here we go what time is it? It’s time for another Award! Wohoo (throws water balloons at the crowd) Now we are going to sell I mean award the biggest supporter of Muppets Merchandise! Yes there wallet is bigger then there hearts but not their mouths

The nominees are: beaker, dmoss, frogboy4, JJandJanice, Kermieuk

The winner is: tie breaker, frogboy4
As I stated in another thread, I didn't know I was nominated, how cool. Though that statement about the "wallet being bigger than the heart" is certainly not true, :smile:.

dwmckim

Reaction score
I don't know that having two or more seperate ceremonies a year is a good fix to where the attempt at a solution doesn't just cause more problems - i can easily see that as leading to voter/award overload and burnout - it's a bit more special if they're annual.

Part of the problem with this year is they got delayed due to them almost being given up on so what would have happened earlier got put off til the beginning of spring - and it's a little harder to think back to the best of 2010 when we're already 1/4 into 2011. Get a good headstart earlier in the year when everything's fresh in people's heads and it makes it easier and smoother.

My own personal opinion is i think the amount of awards is fine - what we have now is actually trimmed down from a much larger slew of awards that had existed in years' past - even with the five new ones, that's still less than what there had been before Ryan streamlined them a bit more. I look at the the various categories and i'd have a hard time making any cuts because the present list covers all areas pretty well and of course the more categories, the greater chance of more forum members being nominated for or winning something.

Given the circumstances that this years' awards happened under - with them being suddenly picken up and cared for by someone who wasn't planning on doing them all of a sudden when they almost got wadded up and thrown in the trashbin essentially guaranteed that things wouldn't be as smooth this year. But mistakes are learning opportunites and the people who helped make them happen this year basically had to learn to swim by being suddenly thrown in the deep end of the pool. Next year there won't be issues like running days overtime because everyone will be more prepared and very focused on insuring that doesn't happen.

But for now - the MC Awards #7 are done - the celebration's been good (in fact one might say it was an "extended party" like Muppet Gras or something!), but now - let's get back to enjoying our forum time and look forward to the festivities next year. This is after all, 2011 - Year of the Muppet! (Now if someone can just remind Disney of this and set off their alarm clock or splash them with a bucket of water to wake them up, we'll all be fine!)

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I kind of agree and as far as the ceremony it's self goes I think i was a little bit slow the first day, and the second day i only did two, and the thrid day was rushed a little bit. I now though think I could do it a lot better, and prepare better for next year.

Luke

Reaction score
People have been bringing up comments about how to do the awards next time. Luke brought up having less categories so that more people can vote and they don't go so slow and dwmckim mentioned that they liked all the awards in there. I had an idea if anyone is interested. But what if we broke the awards into differen't ceremonies thorughout the year?
Not sure if a quarterly awards would work but breaking them down in some way if the number of awards is to stay the same is very wise. If you organise the awards you need to think what the forum as a whole would want and how best to make them more attractive to vote. Right now you get a great big ol' text list that takes ages and is quite frankly not that exciting. Maybe breaking down the VOTING into categories rather than the ceremony dates is the way, like people have one week to vote for sesame, then the next week up muppet etc etc. And it'd give more chance to highlight why each person has been nominated. Also be worth trying to get the site to put up a banner or email.

The awards are for everyone, totally applaud those "hardcores" who make this place their home every day but the people doing this have to realise that not everyone here is dedicated enough or has the amount of time needed to vote the way it is. Needs to be fun to do ... What ryan did one year, making up funny names for the categories was cool.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
*Meanwhile in a darkened corner*

Leeway: *Wakes with a snort* Rickroll! Oh, what happened?

*Looks around*

Leeway: It's over? Phooey.

*Leeway slowly gets up and leaves*

dwmckim

Reaction score
Anyone wishing to take them on next year may go ahead and do so as i already know i won't be able to.

No real requirments save for attention to detail and the desire to lift others up while others simultaneously tear you down. Those allergic to thankless tasks may not be strongest candidates.

Anyone wanting to do so can just go for it (i won't be available to be part of any kind of "selection committee" or anything) - it's totally up for grabs!