DARK CRYSTAL 2 still in script phase!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I wonder what that means for Happytime Murders. Forget shooting. Isn't that supposed to be wrapping sometime about now? I don't have much faith in Hensonesque properties right now unless they're Sesame or Muppet based. I had such hope of a Henson Co bounce-back after "Stuffed & Unstrung" and maybe that's still happening. This latest news announcement had me concerned that may not be the case. :confused:

dwmckim

Reaction score
And so with this latest news, now begins the betting pool as to which we'll actually see happen first:

(a) Power of the Dark Crystal

(b) Fraggle Rock Movie

(c) Sarah Palin grows a brain cell

RedPiggy

Reaction score
We'll see both A and B before we ever get C. Time to request yet another hold-off on the ol' Apocalypse, 'cause I ain't a-dyin' 'til I see those two movies, LOL.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wonder what that means for Happytime Murders. Forget shooting. Isn't that supposed to be wrapping sometime about now? I don't have much faith in Hensonesque properties right now unless they're Sesame or Muppet based. I had such hope of a Henson Co bounce-back after "Stuffed & Unstrung" and maybe that's still happening. This latest news announcement had me concerned that may not be the case. :confused:
I don't even see the point in Henson making anything besides CGI kiddy shows anymore. You know things are bad when even Robot Chicken makes a valid point about what's going on.

Henson doesn't have the power or income to make anything happen on their own, the major studios are looking for another Super Hero comic to ruin into a movie that no one will like or for the kids, another pallid Garfield knockoff or CGI Gnomebomination. The Minor studios are just as bad.

DC 2 will never happen. It will only exist as a comic book or something... the animated show never happened (I blame CN for part of that), nothing else but a comic produced by a smaller company. The FR movie is doomed unless Weinstine goes bankrupt and loses the license, and considering the dummies who run the outfit, that's almost a possibility.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
And so with this latest news, now begins the betting pool as to which we'll actually see happen first:

(a) Power of the Dark Crystal

(b) Fraggle Rock Movie

(c) Sarah Palin grows a brain cell
We'll see both A and B before we ever get C. Time to request yet another hold-off on the ol' Apocalypse, 'cause I ain't a-dyin' 'til I see those two movies, LOL.
I don't mean to be mean in saying this, but even if you don't like or agree with Sarah Palin (or anyone for that matter)- could we try to avoid demeaning them please? I know it probably wasn't meant to be really mean-spirited, but I just don't like to see that with anyone.:frown:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Back on subject- I'd love to see a sequel to "The Dark Crystal" as well as a "Fraggle Rock" movie, but I have to admit that I've grown rather doubtful that they will happen- or at least not anytime soon. However, it took 19 years for Superman to get a new movie, as well as Indiana Jones, so you never know.
I'm not sure how or if it would really work well, but a "Labyrinth" follow-up movie of some sort would be cool too.:smile:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Off-topic: Calling Hannibal Lecter a murderer is not an insult. It's a flat out fact. As such, until contrary evidence is presented, I'll continue calling 'em hows I see 'em.

On-topic: I fully believe the people who thought there was further story potential in FR and DC, even if the people in charge of the wallets lost their minds. I want to see these movies in the worst way. I'll wait 'til I'm 93. :big_grin:

Note: This is not a hope that I'll be 93 or that I am suggesting it should never be made. Publishers -- get your head out of that hole behind your bottom an' make these movies!

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Off-topic: Calling Hannibal Lecter a murderer is not an insult. It's a flat out fact. As such, until contrary evidence is presented, I'll continue calling 'em hows I see 'em.
Hannibal Lecter is a murderer, so yes- that's a fact. It's not a medical fact that Sarah Palin has no brain. The other difference here is that Hannibal Lecter is a fictional character, whereas Sarah Palin is a real person with a brain and feelings too. I'm not merely trying to stand up for her as a supporter or anything; because honestly I don't want her as President either- but I just don't like to see name calling and I was trying to gently and respectfully point that out. But of course I realize everyone is going to post as they like. I was just stating my feelings on it- which I've done.
So anyway- mission accomplished- back to the discussion.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Hannibal Lecter is a murderer, so yes- that's a fact. It's not a medical fact that Sarah Palin has no brain. The other difference here is that Hannibal Lecter is a fictional character, whereas Sarah Palin is a real person with a brain and feelings too. I'm not merely trying to stand up for her as a supporter or anything; because honestly I don't want her as President either- but I just don't like to see name calling and I was trying to gently and respectfully point that out. But of course I realize everyone is going to post as they like. I was just stating my feelings on it- which I've done.
So anyway- mission accomplished- back to the discussion.
I wouldn't say any politician has a lack of basic cognitive function, but some do represent mediocrity when government should require greatness. A mayor that would allow her city, by either ignorance or self-interest, to charge victims of rape for their own rape kits would fall beneath any definition of general mediocrity. My heart is saddened by the callous or disconnected people who would support such a middling-mind. Politics isn't for everybody. No matter what the party affiliation, political officials should command a basic level of respect from everyone in the room. It is my opinion that we lost that in the middle of Presidency number 42 and picked it back up with current President number 44. /soapbox

Back on topic. I love the Jim Henson Company so very much, but could it be they self-sabotage some of these projects during the development phase or is it that they keep getting run-over by the bigger companies out there? :sympathy: