Sesame Street Spoofs coming to DVD July 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Cool cover. So judging by that, I can see we'll be getting Monsterpiece Theater: The King and I (come on, that's been on DVD twice already, though I guess that's better than no Monsterpiece Theater on a set of parodies, but still...), Here is Your Life: Oak Tree, the "Smells Like a Monster" viral video, and 30 Rocks. There's another clip on the cover that I can't quite make out.

I guess this cover confirms it will be a two-disc set as opposed to two seperate volumes (I never doubted that, but the studio shop page did refer to it as volumes).

I hope this becomes a new trend, with Warner releasing a new two-disc collectible set each year (if not two a year).

I looked again, and the clip I couldn't make out before was "Six Dollar Man" (and Kermit's on the cover!). I also noticed a few other images I didn't before... Outrageous Makeover, Hey Food. And the bottom of the release mentions a few other parodies included, such as "True Mud" and "OOOO-Klahoma".

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd love for them to include stuff that they couldn't air on the show, myself... especially John and Kate plus 8 and I SWEAR there was a picture of a sketch that mocked the Sparta Cheerleaders bit from SNL in the 40th anniversary book that I've never seen. Looks like Smell like a Monster is on there and that didn't air on the show...

Oscarfan

Reaction score
We'll also be getting "Gone with the Wind", if I'm correct.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
We'll also be getting "Gone with the Wind", if I'm correct.
Really? I've looked at the cover and press release, and I haven't found any evidence of "Gone with the Wind" being on there.

It's weird that the cover refers to it as "The Best of Sesame Spoofs Vol. 1 and 2", yet it's obviously a two-disc set. Weird.

I noticed that Guy Smiley is on the spine. SWEET! Considering he's on the spine I hope the set has more than one Guy Smiley sketch.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I just realised that Elmo doesn't appear on the cover! I wonder if this will have any Elmo at all (Elmo has appeared in parody segments, particularly ones with celebrities singing parodies of their own songs... And yet there's no sign of any celebrity appearances, though I'll be surprised if it doesn't have any).

Previously I thought I saw images from Outrageous Makeover: Home Addition, above the images from Here is Your Life: Oak Tree, but now that I look closely, I wonder if those images might actually be from Air. It's some of the blurriest images on the cover. The main thing I can tell is that it has a Fat Blue anything muppet, which could be either Mr. Johnson or the barber. I can't quite tell if the room depicted is Mr. Johnson's apartment or the barber shop, can't tell if that's Grover or Guy Smiley with him in those images, and can't tell if that's a couch or barber chair behind the character.

Oh well, Sesame Workshop has made a video on the importance of waiting. I guess we could learn from that vid.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Elmo well be in it at least one that i know of, Hot and cold with Katy Perry.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Really? I've looked at the cover and press release, and I haven't found any evidence of "Gone with the Wind" being on there.

It's weird that the cover refers to it as "The Best of Sesame Spoofs Vol. 1 and 2", yet it's obviously a two-disc set. Weird.

I noticed that Guy Smiley is on the spine. SWEET! Considering he's on the spine I hope the set has more than one Guy Smiley sketch.
I'm pretty sure the images of Cookie are from the original into from the sketch. I could be wrong, but that's what I recognized. And on the cover, there's an image of Guy right above "STREET", so there's more than one bit with him.

We don't know if that's on the DVD.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really hope that either disk doesn't have celeb appearances take precedent over the other skits. Not to say I don't want any celebs in there... but not to a Sesame Street 35th anniversary CD collection 4th disk extent of overkill.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
It looks like the "Hill Street Blues" parody- "Hill Street Twos"- will be on there as well. At least I think that's what that sketch is in the picture of Ernie and Grover in the top right hand corner.:stick_out_tongue::super:

That cover looks great! I'm looking forward to this release a lot.
I hope it will have a good number of musical parodies, as well as TV show and movie parodies. I'd love to see The Beetles' songs included ("Hey Food", "Letter B") along with Bruce Stringbean's "Born to Add" and "Barn in the USA" and the "Rebel L" song and so many others. I wonder if songs like "Wet Paint" and "Danger is no Stranger" from How Now Brown Cow and the Moo Wave would be included?
It would be really neat to have some of the covers of Beatles' songs that were done on Sesame Street- like "Octopus' Garden" and "Yellow Submarine" included as well- even though these aren't technically spoofs of the songs.

I'm also liking Amazon's discounted price of $13.99 - I think my wallet can handle those numbers.:smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'd love to see The Beetles' songs included ("Hey Food", "Letter B") along with Bruce Stringbean's "Born to Add" and "Barn in the USA" and the "Rebel L" song and so many others. I wonder if songs like "Wet Paint" and "Danger is no Stranger" from How Now Brown Cow and the Moo Wave would be included?
It's been confirmed that "Born to Add" will be on there, and images from "Hey Food" are on the cover. I don't think either of the How Now Brown Cow segments are parodies, so I doubt they'll be included.

I doubt that'll be included, but I will be happy if it is. Or did you list that as a parody that featured Elmo?

Besides that, Elmo has been in the following parody sketches:
  • Monsterpiece Theater: Me, Claudias
  • Monsterpiece Theater: Hamlet
  • Monsterpiece Theater: Anyone's Nose
  • Super Morphin' Mega Monsters
  • Elmo Cousteau
  • Pride
  • Don't Know Y
  • Outdoors
  • Dancin'
  • D-Dance

So there is a bit of Elmo to choose from (though most of it was included in either the 40th anniversary set and/or "Best of Elmo 2").

Status
Not open for further replies.